01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS IVMS-4200 Mac unable to edit Arming schedule

kohako

Hi I am trying to edit the Weekly schedules and set an arming schedule for the motion alerts. For some reason when i click on edit I cant edit anything on the schedule too change it. Even the icons are greyed out. I cant even see where to edit them in the K series NVR with remote configuration. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @kohako

Are you selecting one of the schedule templates? (see below)

Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 10.02.29.png

The All-day and weekday templates are fixed and cannot be edited, if you need a custom schedule you need to select one of the blank templates and then you should see the edit button at the top right to set the schedule.

wow thanks ! So I set a custom one up to use on the motion detection section ? Will that then show the alerts in the different colour on the playback section ?

Also on the storage schedule tab in Ivms-4200 what is the capture schedule for ? I have event template in there.

Yes @kohako

If you set a custom schedule that will be the arming schedule for when motion detection is active.

If you then go into Playback and select the camera that has Motion Detection set you should see these options just above the playback timeline:

Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 11.17.11.png

The left-most one is Event Playback and this will allow you to search for motion detection triggers in your recordings.

Capture schedule allows you to set up still captures on a recurring schedule, it is often used when people want to record a time-lapse because you can get a scheduled still image every hour and then export all those stills to edit them together into a timelapse. You can also set captures to be saved on event triggers (see below screenshot).

Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 11.13.39.png

I have to say amazing this forum and support has been I really appreciate it ! On my playback bar in hik-connect I havecc CD the light blue bar and I have a list of alerts all working great. How do I get the alerts to show over the blue bar in the other colour ? Currently they don’t show on the search bar ?

Hi @kohako

Thanks for the feedback :)

In regards to events on the playback timeline, unfortunately, this is not possible in the Mac version of iVMS-4200. You can see the events separately on the timeline when you go into the 'Event Playback' menu I mentioned above and then you can come back into the standard playback menu with the timestamp of the event to look for footage around the event.

The closest you can get to events on the playback timeline is to use VCA Playback, this allows you to draw a motion detection area or line crossing line on the playback image and then search a specific time frame for any activity that triggers that event. What is important to point out is that this is not using the event triggers of the camera, it is the iVMS software scanning the recorded footage for any possible event and so the results may not be as accurate as the camera smart events with some of the events marked on the timeline actually being false events.

That's great thanks. I recall years back when we first got the system it must of been recording slightly different as I remember on the Wik-connect app playback there was orange alert areas where there was movement I think.

I can't wait to get my hands on some of the new Acusense 8mp. Is it worth getting live guard or not in your opinion ?

Using Live-Guard really comes down to the install location, on a residential install it would probably be overkill as the audio alarm and strobe light might irritate neighbours. It is probably better suited to businesses and industrial sites where deterrent is important.

Hi @kohako

You are correct, there seems to be some kind of display issue, the Sun schedule line is there and it looks like you should be able to scroll to see it but the page won't scroll to display it.

If you need to set a unique schedule for Sunday you can set that schedule on one of the other days and then click the 'copy' icon in the top left and copy that schedule to Sunday.

Screenshot 2022-08-01 at 10.48.04.png

Back