01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS4200 how to enable green movement boxes? (not "Enable Highlight")

codlord

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
I know in iVMS-4200 you can enable the "Enable highlight" option which overlays small green boxes on the views. But I don't find that option very useful as it tends to really obscure a lot of the image.

But SOME of my cameras show larger green boxes around movement, so a single green box around a person or around a car if it's moving in the scene. I find that very useful.

My question is - exactly what settings and where control that option? Is it a setting on the NVR, the camera or a bit of both, do I have to set an alarm or linkage option? I can't work out why only some cameras show the larger green boxes and some don't. I would like to get all cameras setup the same showing the movement highlighting.

Hi @codlord

Do you have iVMS-4200 installed on a PC or on a Mac?
Which camera models do you currently have connected to iVMS-4200?
Can you confirm are you currently seeing either green squares or larger green boxes on all the cameras that have smart events set in iVMS-4200?
Can you confirm which cameras are showing the smaller green squares and which are showing the larger green boxes?

@Dan thanks, iVMS on PC.

I am speaking of the larger green rectangles around objects in motion - e..g. a single rectangle around a person or around a car.

Cameras we have lots of:
DS-2CD2385FWD-I (G1)
and some of:
DS-2CD2185FWD-I (G1)
DS-2CD2386G2-I (G3)
DS-2CD2386G2-IU (G5)
DS-2CD2186G2-ISU (G5)
DS-2CD2385G1-I (G1)

All of them I enabled motion detection both "Enable Motion Detection" and "Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion" which I thought was the setting in question.

But for example, some DS-2CD2385FWD-I (G1) show the green rectangles, but others (same camera model) don't. Which is why I thought maybe there are other settings to do with this.

Thanks @codlord

Are all of the G3 or G5 cameras showing the larger green rectangles?

As far as we are aware there is no setting to change how the VCA overlay visualises motion detection, we thought it was simply the case that older models running older firmware used the small squares and then based on feedback Hikvision had changed this to the larger box on newer models.

You say that some of the G1 models are showing small squares and others are showing the larger green rectangle, have you checked that all these G1 models are running the latest firmware?

I think I may have worked out what's going on - it's NOT the motion detection settings at all. Whoever set the system up originally set some cameras with line crossing detection. It's those cameras that have the highlighting I want.

So it seems if you define a line crossing then iVMS shows large green box highlighting around moving objects. It does not matter where on the image you place the line, you seem to get the highlighting anywhere in the image. If the moving object crosses the line then the line and highlighting box turns red.

In actual fact, you can even just enable line crossing detection with no actual line defined on the image and you still get the green movement highlighting.

So the answer for me is - simply enable line crossing detection on every camera.

Reactions: Dan
Back