01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Mouse receiver only works in front USB on NVR?

codlord

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
I have 2 NVRs and when I plug a USB wireless mouse receiver into the rear USB port the mouse does not work. But it works fine when I plug the USB mouse receiver into the front of the NVR. Is there any reason that might be or anything to fix it? The models are DS-732NI-I4 and DS-7616NI-K2

It's minor but I don't understand why the 2 ports seem to behave differently.

Some devices only poll their USB ports at power-up.

Thanks for the tip @Phil but unfortunately even starting up both these NVRs with the mouse receivers in the rear of the NVRs the mice do not work. Plugging into the front of the NVRs (without a power-down/re-start) and the mice work fine. Not a big deal, it's just I rack-mounted them and wanted all cables to the rear of the NVRs.

Thanks for the tip @Phil but unfortunately even starting up both these NVRs with the mouse receivers in the rear of the NVRs the mice do not work. Plugging into the front of the NVRs (without a power-down/re-start) and the mice work fine. Not a big deal, it's just I rack-mounted them and wanted all cables to the rear of the NVRs.
Why not get a £10 wireless logitech mouse with a dongle? (Not the bluetooth one) - I use these all the time now as I regularly hide my NVR's.

Why not get a £10 wireless logitech mouse with a dongle? (Not the bluetooth one) - I use these all the time now as I regularly hide my NVR's.
That's what we have - the issue is that the distance between the NVRs and the mice/monitors is too far to just have the dongle in the front of the NVRs so we have USB extension cables from the NVR to nearer the mice/monitors with the USB dongles in the end of the extension cables. So in effect the mice are still wireless.

That's what we have - the issue is that the distance between the NVRs and the mice/monitors is too far to just have the dongle in the front of the NVRs so we have USB extension cables from the NVR to nearer the mice/monitors with the USB dongles in the end of the extension cables. So in effect the mice are still wireless.
What sort of distance is it? The logitech 2.4ghz mice I'm using work at a distance of around 10m without any issue.

I only ever use Logitech M185 - the receiver will work in both USB ports and the range is decent. I've used them without issue with standard USB extensions at 5m and active USB extensions at 10m.

I only ever use Logitech M185 - the receiver will work in both USB ports and the range is decent. I've used them without issue with standard USB extensions at 5m and active USB extensions at 10m.
One is a Logitech M235, the other a Advent AMWLSM17, the issue is the monitors/mice are in an office and the NVRs are in a server room nearby by a block wall and wood door in between. If it were clear line of sight I think the range would not be an issue.

Buenas noches, tengo un Adaptador Inalámbrico BT5.1, pero mi NVR serie 7700, pero no sé si es compatible. ¿¿Me puedes ayudar?? Gracias

"Good evening, I have a BT5.1 Wireless Adapter, but my 7700 series NVR, but I don't know if it is compatible. Can you help me?? Thank you"

Buenas noches, tengo un Adaptador Inalámbrico BT5.1, pero mi NVR serie 7700, pero no sé si es compatible. ¿¿Me puedes ayudar?? Gracias
I'd guess that the 'BT' in BT5.1 means Bluetooth. You just want a standard 2.4 GHz WiFi mouse. I recommend the Logitech M185.

Back