01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Moving objects, people, and cars are ghosted?

Homeless Warrior

Hi all,

I cannot for the life of me remove this phenomenon from my feeds. All moving objects like cars and people are ghosted, double imaged and totally useless to use.

Example below....

Can someone help with settings please?

NVR is a DS-7616NI-i2/16P
Cameras are DS-2CD2386G2-I(U)

Thanks all.

Attachments

• Blurry 1.jpg
    Blurry 1.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 96
  • blurry 2.jpg
    blurry 2.jpg
    764.5 KB · Views: 88
Hi all,

I cannot for the life of me remove this phenomenon from my feeds. All moving objects like cars and people are ghosted, double imaged and totally useless to use.

Example below....

Can someone help with settings please?

NVR is a DS-7616NI-i2/16P
Cameras are DS-2CD2386G2-I(U)

Thanks all.
It's just your camera settings that are mismatched. Turn off WDR if you have it on and make sure that the reciprocal of the exposure time is greater than the frames per second; IE if your frames per second is full frame or 25 fps, ensure that your exposure time is a maximum of 1/25 sec (though 1/50 sec would be better to reduce motion blur)

My guess is you have something like WDR on and set too high, 25 frames per second with an exposure time of 1/12 sec

Thank for your help.

Whenever I turn on any settings in the "Backlight Settings" tab the image goes sort of ghosted. This is a shame as my camera faces a strong light source {daylight} with my door down a short protected covered walkway in the shade so the image is quite dark when exposed for the street (which is good for security of what's happening) or the street totally blown out if I try to expose for a persons face coming down the path.

The WDR setting (or other settings such as BLC ON with a custom area) result in strange ghosted images.

Is there a way to enable these features without the ghosting?

fps on the camera is 20 (seems the max)
Exposure time 1/50
PAL 50Hz

NVR Settings

Resolution 3840x2160
bitrate Variable
video quality highest
Frame rate - Full
Max Bitrate - 8192
Video encoding H.265
H.265+ - OFF

Thanks for your help!

Thank for your help.

Whenever I turn on any settings in the "Backlight Settings" tab the image goes sort of ghosted. This is a shame as my camera faces a strong light source {daylight} with my door down a short protected covered walkway in the shade so the image is quite dark when exposed for the street (which is good for security of what's happening) or the street totally blown out if I try to expose for a persons face coming down the path.

The WDR setting (or other settings such as BLC ON with a custom area) result in strange ghosted images.

Is there a way to enable these features without the ghosting?

fps on the camera is 20 (seems the max)
Exposure time 1/50
PAL 50Hz

NVR Settings

Resolution 3840x2160
bitrate Variable
video quality highest
Frame rate - Full
Max Bitrate - 8192
Video encoding H.265
H.265+ - OFF

Thanks for your help!
Those settings don't look too bad. Reduce the video quality to 'Higher'; 'Highest' will cause the bit rate to burst well over your maximum. You won't notice a quality difference between those two settings.

It all depends on the scene but unfortunately WDR can cause the ghosting images you see. There's no substitute for a well positioned camera; some camera features can help but inevitably any additional processing can cause unwanted artefacts. WDR combines an underexposed (dark) and overexposed (bright) image into a single frame in order to provide shadow and highlight detail.

Back