01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

nas issues recording with DS-2CD2386G2-IU

8mp_4kcam

hi,
have the DS-2CD2386G2-IU running on firmware version V5.5.131 build 200220.
i tried to find the link to the latest version, but can't find it.

i'm not going to use a nvr for this camera, currently has a raspberry pi running as a nas for this camera.
in the camera settings > storage management > net hdd - the nfs has been configured correctly and the test is successful.
under hdd management, i can see my 1tb nas drive and whenever i format the drive, once done to 100%, says status is fine, but after 2-3 mins, goes back to uninitialised.
then i re-format the drive, sometimes the same thing happens, sometimes i get drive error.
any ideas why this is happening please?
i've spent many hours trying to find a fix for this so i can view playback of the camera footage, but not getting anywhere.

many thanks

i've changed the external hard drive from a nas to ssd, which seems to have done to trick, stable now, disk status is normal.
but i'm not getting any video content being saved and nothing in the playback, how can i fix this please?

thanks

Hi @8mp_4kcam

Under Storage > Storage Schedule do you have the record schedule set for the camera? (blue for continuous recording, purple for Event recording, etc...)

excellent, thanks alot, that worked :)

any idea where the link is for the new firmware DS-2CD2386G2-IU version V5.5.150 i think it is

Reactions: Dan
Great, you can find the latest AcuSense firmware here - v5.5.150

Back