01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Need help with Ip camera selection for facial recognition with my Hikvision DS-7608NXI-K1 NVR?

berojgar_admi

Hi,

I wanted to have face recognition and face classification feature so i have chosen this nvr DS-7608NXI-K1 with acusense instead of Q series nvr.
I am thinking to get either one 4mp (2CD2043G2 ,2CD2046G2 or 2CD2T46G2 whichever is availed cheaper) and remaining 2mp cameras
Few questions i have regarding my selection.

1. In third row its written 8mp , does that mean I need 8mp camera to use this feature?
1696146457138.png

2. Do i need acusense IP cameras to utilize all the features given in DS-7608NXI-K1 nvr?

3. Can i use other brand ip camera with this nvr?
please help to make a decision, thanks

Hi,

I wanted to have face recognition and face classification feature so i have chosen this nvr DS-7608NXI-K1 with acusense instead of Q series nvr.
I am thinking to get either one 4mp (2CD2043G2 ,2CD2046G2 or 2CD2T46G2 whichever is availed cheaper) and remaining 2mp cameras
Few questions i have regarding my selection.

1. In third row its written 8mp , does that mean I need 8mp camera to use this feature?
View attachment 9894

2. Do i need acusense IP cameras to utilize all the features given in DS-7608NXI-K1 nvr?

3. Can i use other brand ip camera with this nvr?
please help to make a decision, thanks

Hi @berojgar_admi

Hikvision support have confirmed that the face recognition feature can be applied to any Hikvision camera, but what the table you shared above is saying is that the AcuSense NVRs only support 1-ch using face recognition and that one channel can be any camera up to 8MP.

You can use less than 8MP but as face recognition requires good facial detail for accurate results we would recommend using an 8MP camera.

The other thing to be aware of is that we believe that when enabling the face recognition feature this will also disable the AcuSense Human/Vehicle feature for non-AcuSense cameras.

Hi @berojgar_admi

Hikvision support have confirmed that the face recognition feature can be applied to any Hikvision camera, but what the table you shared above is saying is that the AcuSense NVRs only support 1-ch using face recognition and that one channel can be any camera up to 8MP.

You can use less than 8MP but as face recognition requires good facial detail for accurate results we would recommend using an 8MP camera.

The other thing to be aware of is that we believe that when enabling the face recognition feature this will also disable the AcuSense Human/Vehicle feature for non-AcuSense cameras.
Hi @Dan

is it better to go for a cheap nvr probably Q series which is half the price of DS-7608NXI-K1 since acusense cameras already have those features and save money here and getting 8mp camera instead of 4mp.

My requirement is to have 4 cameras only for home , in which 1 will be for the outdoor main gate(height 10ft) where i can have some face recognition or classification feature (basically i want to get some notification whenever a unknown person enter through main gate).

Remaining will be low mp cameras without acusense , but atleast motion detection available.

Hi @berojgar_admi

The AcuSense cameras do not support full Facial Recognition, some models do support Face Detection and/or Face Capture but these are different. Face Detection is just an advanced form of motion detection (e.g. any face enters the scene it will trigger the event) and Face Capture just allows you to capture a snapshot of any face that triggers the event.

The only way to get the full Face Recognition results that you are looking for (e.g. detect & notify based on a specific face database) is to use the AcuSense NVR as described in the earlier post.

Hi @berojgar_admi

The AcuSense cameras do not support full Facial Recognition, some models do support Face Detection and/or Face Capture but these are different. Face Detection is just an advanced form of motion detection (e.g. any face enters the scene it will trigger the event) and Face Capture just allows you to capture a snapshot of any face that triggers the event.

The only way to get the full Face Recognition results that you are looking for (e.g. detect & notify based on a specific face database) is to use the AcuSense NVR as described in the earlier post.
Thanks @Dan for simplifying this.
So for full Face Recognition acusnese nvr is needed instead of acusense cameras.

for my use case I will go for acusense nvr and a normal camera above 4mp.

Hi @berojgar_admi

Hi @Dan

i just saw the table again for 7608nxi-k1 and i see changes in facial detection specs , looks like it will support 1 more channel for facial.
but 15 days ago it was showing just 1 channel as you see in my starting comment.

1697262548943.png

should i wait for the latest model to arrive in my local shop or its just a software update?

Hi @berojgar_admi

The link you've shared is from the Hikvision Global site and the specs you sent earlier are from the UK/EU site, it looks like the Global site is showing a new (B) version of the 7608NXI-K1 which might explain why they are showing different specs.

Unfortunately, as it is on the Global site we can't say for sure when (or even if) this (B) model will be available in your region. The best thing to do would be to speak to the company you plan to buy from and ask them if they can check lead times for the DS-7608NXI-K1/8P(B) and see if they can give you any more information.

Hi @berojgar_admi

Hi Dan,

I have got DS-7608NXI-K1(A) NVR and 2 non acusense camera, on camera 1 i have enabled line crossing and when i want to enable face recognition on camera 2 it says line crossing will be disabled on camera 1.

I understand that this nvr support 1 camera for face recognition only which is fine for me but Is there any way to use face recognition and line crossing together on different cameras, either through settings or adding acusense camera.

Thanks

Hi Dan,

I have got DS-7608NXI-K1(A) NVR and 2 non acusense camera, on camera 1 i have enabled line crossing and when i want to enable face recognition on camera 2 it says line crossing will be disabled on camera 1.

I understand that this nvr support 1 camera for face recognition only which is fine for me but Is there any way to use face recognition and line crossing together on different cameras, either through settings or adding acusense camera.

Thanks
@Dan

Hi @berojgar_admi

I believe to enable the facial recognition feature the NVR has to be set to a specific VCA mode that will disable other Smart Events, I don't believe there is any way to have smart event and facial recognition enabled at the same time on the NVR.

The only workaround would be to fit a MicroSD card in the camera and record the Smart Events directly in the camera, but by doing it this way you would only be able to see the Smart Events by logging into the camera directly and not in the NVR playback.

Hi Dan,

Thanks
Face recognition on camera 1 and line crossing on other camera is possible or not ??

Back