01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Never saw this before... I think it needs to go back!

Jan J

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Bought a new DS-2CD2042WD-I.... My 12th....

First time I've encountered this.... SADPTool found it, Activated it....
In settings.... everything works except one area:

FTP login and Password entered, correctly, but after saved and tested: it either fails, or it cannot find Test Server....

So I shut it down, and Powered it up holding reset button for 15 seconds.... Another trip back through SADPTool successfully, and started in
on the Settings again.... Camera can see and use the NTP Time Server from NAS, but won't ftp to it... Again, TEST Fails or can't find Test Server in ftp area...

I have 11 other of the same cameras that all work with this NAS (Yes, I checked!).... Just this one camera is not working correctly....

I even went through a different camera to double check settings... and configured new one it to point at same directory on NAS as other camera, but it still fails to test.....

I really don't think I missed anything.... I have a step by step configuration setting printout that I follow..... I really think it's a partially dead camera..... Any suggestions that you can give?

Thanks for any help you could give.... Email to seller as well..

Last edited:
LUCKY ME!!! It appears to have been corrupted firmware!!!
I downloaded the latest version (5.5.8.2) and loaded that...
Now it's working correctly!!!

Lucky Me --- Lucky Seller!!!

Multiple power cycles, config exams, and waving hands in front of new camera.... It's solid now.... Everything is working fine.
Go Figure! Will the Fun Never End?

Beat on it off and on all day yesterday.... Still fine...

Last edited:
Back