01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New NVR + IPCs but issue on UDP/TCP and Live View :-(

Dave Howard

Received new 7608NI-I2/8p (Firmware V4.1.11 build 171204) + two new cameras DS-2CD2363G0-I & DS-2CD2163G0-I ( both @ V5.5.80 build 180911).
On connecting to NVR via IE browser and after much faffing around, I could not get live view to work on NVR.
Nor can I get live view to work on the two new cameras when going to their IP.
I could however get Live View to work when going straight to my older 3x cameras and have full control/config on them.
With SADP via LAN port on the NVR I can 'see' all cameras and IP addresses are correct/valid.

I have (finally!) got Live View on NVR to work by setting all to UDP via Camera Management + making UDP on the Local setting screen for the NVR.
TCP does not work if I use this rather than UDP nor if I set to 'Auto' for each camera via the NVR's Camera Management settings.

As a result of setting to UDP as above, this does mean I cant see Live View if I go to the camera's own IP address on browser page.
I can see it on the old/original camera's if I set the camera itself to TCP however; but I do have to put this back to UDP so I can see on NVR.
This same method does not work on the new cameras (I cannot get live view on these by any means when going to their IP address) meaning I cannot adjust settings as these new cameras directly.

Should Auto on NVR+Cameras work or are there any issues meaning I have to use UDP as above?
What can I try to get Live View for the new camera's when going to their IP address (clicking from NVR Camera Management table)?

@Phil thanks. Was wary of that based on other posts. Upgraded both NVR and IPC's (after issue with browser web components was stopping me showing 'failed upgrade'). I have reset all cameras to AUTO (not TCP or UDP) and NVR to TCP. Can now view both on NVR and via Camera Management.
Now I need to decide if I buy the ANPR camera :) do you reckon it would work in the same position as the camera image I have attached?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    246 KB · Views: 233
Good to hear you have cracked it.

I think a Hikvision ANPR camera will work OK there.
This model (with the 2.8-12mm focal length for your application):
Hikvision DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS\/P | 2MP Darkfighter IR Array Bullet Network Camera

It is a far from ideal mounting position and view.
Ideally you would be much more aligned to the flow of traffic and thereby have the vehicle in view for longer - giving the camera a better chance to capture a decent image of the plate as a vehicle approaches.
Also, a better view would enable you to keep a vehicle in view for more seconds AND to narrow the view (zoom the lens in).
With your setup, vehicle will pass through side-to-side fairly quickly.
Hopefully, from the look of the road, it is a narrow bend and they will not be going too quickly.

However, having explained why it is a very challenging configuration, I have seen Hikvision's ANPR cameras manage to capture number plates at some very obtuse angles (where I would previously had said it would never work).

Our usual 'Buy & Try' would apply.

Thanks. I have also put a pole on a wall to the right of the snip I have provided. That is at around 2.5m height and looks across front of house + road. The pole is partially hidden in conifer hedge. My concern with 4A26FWD would be is size (length) and being a bit obvious making house look like prison :) was thinking therefore of moving turret from house to pole and ANPR on house.
As you say, 'buy & try' applies :)

Back