01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Please Read: Newest I-Series NVR firmware - please do not upgrade to V4.61.000_220507

A few customers have been in touch today to say that upgrading to the V4.61.000_220507 has sent their NVR into a constant reboot loop, making it very difficult to reinstall an earlier working version onto the recorder.

This does not seem to be affecting all NVRs, so we are trying to ascertain why this is happening with Hikvision.

For now, please only use the V4.60.005 build220108 or earlier in the download portal, which is safe to use, and avoid any of the V4.61.000 builds.

If you have any feedback after trying one of these versions / have experienced the same issue, please feel free to share it below.

UPDATE (14/09/22):

We've also tested the V4.61.000 firmware in the portal and have not seen the same issues.

Hikvision has let us know that boot loops are due to a manufacturing issue and should only affect a small number of DS-7608NI-I2 / DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVRs built in 2015, which updating to this version seems to have triggered.

So it seems like this version is safe to use on most NVRs, unfortunately, we have no way of telling which ones are affected by this manufacturing issue just yet.

If you are experiencing this issue and your NVR is out of warranty, Hikvision will still repair it if you contact your supplier / installer:
Seen the below new version of Firmware on portal. Should I be downloading/applying this to my 7608?

Version: V4.61.010 build220527

Seen the below new version of Firmware on portal. Should I be downloading/applying this to my 7608?
If you look at post #36 in this thread, it has the link to V4.61.010 on the product page, which isn't yet on the portal.
I'd upgrade to this, we haven't noticed any problems with it so far :)

Hi Kyle,
I updated as well, and I noticed (coincidence?) that when using latest hik-connect, I no longer see half a green screen at higher bit rates.
Until now I had to reduce Bitrate to 2048 to get full image, going higher and I got green area (size was dependent on Bitrate)
Atm I can go to 16k .. probably will go bad now that I have jinxed it...
Hi @dazulrich
Is your Hik-connect app still okay and free from the green box issue, i've held off using the last few firmware updates as the last few all had the green box problem, i'm still using 4.51.025 as that was the last one i found that didnt have the problem?
Many Thanks Lee..

If you look at post #36 in this thread, it has the link to V4.61.010 on the product page, which isn't yet on the portal.
I'd upgrade to this, we haven't noticed any problems with it so far :)
Latest version from portal downloaded/installed. (.025_220905). Did have squeaky bum as couldnt access NVR from Edge or Chrome but thankfully could from iVMS and weirdly from Firefox although on later screen/image alignment in the webpage was a bit wonky.
I rebooted NVR twice, getting sweatier each time, and voila it then appeared on Edge+Chrome.
All seems to work ok after 48hours up. In browser (Edge) it now renders correctly when looking st Smart Events so I can see max/min icons which I could not before, and the live image in the Smart EVent config is in the right place on the screen and not 25mm lower than its frame.
Thanks @Kyle and team including @JB1970 for help and guidance. Its given me backa bit of confidence in HIK (always had it in USE-IP!).

Hi folk! As I red this issue only affects few NVR 7608NI-I2 build around 2015. Is there anyway to figure out when a NVR was produced?

Regards from France!

DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S
V4.60.105 build 220118
(Factory update) I have never updated, and if check upgrade tell "not detect new version , this current version is the latest".

i have green screen problem in hik-connect app if choose (HD)
The solution is to disable stream encryption.
Is there any danger if disable it?
Is this problem resolved with the latest versions?

Attachments

• IMG_20221005_031601_edit_205447093658753.jpg
    IMG_20221005_031601_edit_205447093658753.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Hi @Basim

The Update button in the NVR menus has not worked properly for a long time and will often tell you it is up-to-date when it is not (we've pointed this out to Hik multiple times but they still have not fixed/removed this feature).

You can find the latest firmware either at the Hikvision website or the Hikvision Download Portal, the latest version for the NXI AcuSense NVRs is v4.61.066 which you can update straight to from your current firmware.

Hi @Basim

The Update button in the NVR menus has not worked properly for a long time and will often tell you it is up-to-date when it is not (we've pointed this out to Hik multiple times but they still have not fixed/removed this feature).

You can find the latest firmware either at the Hikvision website or the Hikvision Download Portal, the latest version for the NXI AcuSense NVRs is v4.61.066 which you can update straight to from your current firmware.
in last update, if you enable stream encryption is a green screen problem when show camera on hik-connect Solved?

Yes, someone mentioned in another post that this new firmware appears to have fixed this issue

Should be fine :) Hikvision has said that only a small number of NVRs built in 2015 are affected by the boot loop issue.

As @dazulrich days, V4.61.025 is out now too which can be downloaded from the product pages on Hikvision's website, e.g.:

I've tested this on one of our NVRs and haven't noticed any problems yet, so I'd update it to this version.
Why would they offer the firmware on the product page you link Kyle, but not update their download portal? i.e. V4.61.020 build220708 is the latest available there. The lack of consistency is not unusual from Chinese manufactures. So very annoying for end users I must say.

It's easy to fix and push an older firmware. Use the downgrade firmware tool, adding the firmware of your choice.
Is there another tool especially for downgrading firmware? What's it called?

Last edited:
There’s no ‘downgrade’ tool. Just load the earlier version in the normal manner
The one time I did downgrade the NVR, it did wipe all the settings so had to input it all back in. I of-course now take config backups, but this is never an issue when upgrading but in truth I've never had the need to downgrade again. Is it expected downgrades wipe settings, including basic settings like cameras, network settings, etc.?

The one time I did downgrade the NVR, it did wipe all the settings so had to input it all back in. I of-course now take config backups, but this is never an issue when upgrading but in truth I've never had the need to downgrade again. Is it expected downgrades wipe settings, including basic settings like cameras, network settings, etc.?
No - usually it’ll downgrade fine. The one time I had issues was dropping from a version 4 to a version 3 firmware in which case it restored the NVR to an ‘out of box’ deactivated status. Other than that settings have remained intact.

Back