01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Please Read: Newest I-Series NVR firmware - please do not upgrade to V4.61.000_220507

Kyle

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
A few customers have been in touch today to say that upgrading to the V4.61.000_220507 has sent their NVR into a constant reboot loop, making it very difficult to reinstall an earlier working version onto the recorder.

This does not seem to be affecting all NVRs, so we are trying to ascertain why this is happening with Hikvision.

For now, please only use the V4.60.005 build220108 or earlier in the download portal, which is safe to use, and avoid any of the V4.61.000 builds.

If you have any feedback after trying one of these versions / have experienced the same issue, please feel free to share it below.

UPDATE (14/09/22):

We've also tested the V4.61.000 firmware in the portal and have not seen the same issues.

Hikvision has let us know that boot loops are due to a manufacturing issue and should only affect a small number of DS-7608NI-I2 / DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVRs built in 2015, which updating to this version seems to have triggered.

So it seems like this version is safe to use on most NVRs, unfortunately, we have no way of telling which ones are affected by this manufacturing issue just yet.

If you are experiencing this issue and your NVR is out of warranty, Hikvision will still repair it if you contact your supplier / installer:

Last edited:
Kyle,
v4.61.000_220507 has now appeared on the download portal. (same build date) .
Including release note.
But I guess the warning not to use this version still stands.

Thanks for letting us know.

Yes, we're still advising that you don't update to anything later than V4.60.005 build220108 until we've had an update from Hikvision.

I had no issues with 4.61.000 (on DS7616-I2/16P) The issues I had were with the earlier build date version and all resolved with the newer one. There are no major changes so anyone not updating won’t miss out on anything

We've also tested the V4.61.000 firmware in the portal and have not seen the same issues.

Hikvision has let us know that boot loops are due to a manufacturing issue and should only affect a small number of NVRs, which updating to this version seems to have triggered.

So it seems like this version is safe to use on most NVRs, unfortunately, we have no way of telling which ones are affected by this manufacturing issue just yet.

wonderful, should have checked here first. Im stuck in the boot loop.
Sorry to hear that.
I'm sure you won't be the only one :(
Probably best to contact your supplier for a replacement.
Perhaps make them aware of what we say Hikvision Tech Support UK have told us.

wonderful, should have checked here first. Im stuck in the boot loop.
Sorry to hear that your NVR is one of the affected units.

Some customers that I've spoken to said that their NVR stayed online for just long enough to install the earlier V4.60.005 build220108 via the web browser interface or using the Batch Configuration tool, which stops the boot loop.

If yours is rebooting too frequently for that, then I would contact your supplier as @Phil says - Hikvision will probably ask for the serial number too.

I somehow managed to recover after many attempts. I used one the earliest firmware's with a 25mb size limit through TFTP method. Any of the later firmware's with bigger file sizes, I was stuck on 'transmitting file' loop.

From there I installed V4.51.025 build210927. Previously I was on an older build. It seems that my unit suffers in the sense that it cannot handle load, more so the bigger these firmware's get.

Any of the working V4.60 builds I was only able to run only 2 cams. Connect a third made it restart upon boot.

With the V4.51 build, I am running 5 cameras. However if I try to change smart settings through the web interface it will reboot (no issues through nvr interface). No issues on 4 cams connected. Seems this will be the last update for me.

I did contact Hikvision when I was stuck with the reboot, but I have had this nvr for 7 years now. So I doubt they would help, if they respond that is.

New point release v4.61.010_220527 on the website. No release notes and not on the download portal. Use at your own risk...

My DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P had the same problem. In the end I had a non-activated device. With SADP Tool All camara's are working again, but the virtual host adresses give a time-out. There is no way to change the settings of the camera's POE-ed to the NVR. Worked flawless for years?

This maybe not a problem generated bij hikvision, but bij microsoft. After they stopped with the "real" IE mode it's a bit of a mixed bag. Even with plugin installed. I try to change all settings using ivms, but unfortunattely i don't have the "old" program anymory. Also my NVR inlog page stays white when using ME Edge and Chrome (with plugin). Rolled back to 5.60 but this remains

Last edited:
I upgraded my NVR DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P from V4.50.000 build20210125 to V4.61.000_220507 and so far all works OK.
Web access (using Chrome) is much faster in this new version compared to 4.5

I didn't notice this thread, only after the upgrade when I was checking what is the difference between 2 IPC firmwares NEW and STD.

IPC_G3_EN_STD_5.5.801_211105.zip
IPC_G3_EN_NEU_5.5.801_211105.zip

Hi @dusan_h

STD is the 'Standard' firmware version with Hikvision branding and NEU is the 'Neutral' firmware without Hikvision logos and branding, we recommend just sticking with the STD firmware.

New point release v4.61.010_220527 on the website. No release notes and not on the download portal. Use at your own risk...
HIK has added release notes.. this is only for the POE models at the moment to support new chips.

New features
【Be Compatible with New PSE Chips】
Be compatible with new PSE chip. New POE devices with factory version 4.61.010 cannot be downgraded to old version.

Is there any news from Hikvision if 4.61.010 (Build 220527) fixes the reboot loop on some NVRs?

A few customers have been in touch today to say that upgrading to the V4.61.000_220507 has sent their NVR into a constant reboot loop, making it very difficult to reinstall an earlier working version onto the recorder.

This does not seem to be affecting all NVRs, so we are trying to ascertain why this is happening with Hikvision.

For now, please only use the V4.60.005 build220108 or earlier in the download portal, which is safe to use, and avoid any of the V4.61.000 builds.

If you have any feedback after trying one of these versions / have experienced the same issue, please feel free to share it below.

UPDATE (26/05/22):

Hikvision has let us know that boot loops are due to a manufacturing issue and should only affect a small number of NVRs, which updating to this version seems to have triggered.

Unfortunately, I didn't see this useful post until after I had updated my DS-7608NI-I2 today from from "V4.22.005 build191208" to "v4.61.010 build 220527" and it is stuck in a reboot loop. :-(

I did perform a backup of the NVR "device parameters" / configuration before updating.

The NVR does not stay online long enough for me to login, so I do not believe I would be able to login and downgrade manually.

Does anyone know if this can be recovered? - Is there a hardware factory reset option on the device that might help?

I have logged a ticket with Hikvision using their "freshdesk" web-site. But thought I would ask here too, whilst I wait for a reply.

Hi @NeilBird123

Sorry this has happened.

We have only had one of our own customers report this issue to us and unfortunately, Hikvision told us that there was no physical way to hard reset the NVR and for that customer the only option was to return the NVR to Hikvision who replaced the faulty/flawed component that was causing the reboots.

This is likely what Hikvision Support will tell you when they get back to you.

I think that confirms that still several months later Hikvision have not fixed the problem even in the later 4.61.010.
Personally I think they should pull the firmware from the portal until they resolve this issue.

Will Hikvision still swap the NVR if returned directly by the end user who may not know the original reseller? I have two I series NVRs - one I inherited from a site, but do not know the original reseller and one I bought from Use-IP

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @NeilBird123

Sorry this has happened.

We have only had one of our own customers report this issue to us and unfortunately, Hikvision told us that there was no physical way to hard reset the NVR and for that customer the only option was to return the NVR to Hikvision who replaced the faulty/flawed component that was causing the reboots.

This is likely what Hikvision Support will tell you when they get back to you.
Hi Dan

Thanks for the prompt reply! My NVR is just over 5 years old, so I presume will be well outside of any warranty period? Hopefully, they will allow for some support given their update bricked my NVR!

I read the Notes on the download link on their own website, and there was no warning or indication of this problem. There was a warning about updating from v3.x versions, but not from v4.x to v4.61. - So this is very frustrating.

I read your other great reply to a post, here which I wish I'd read this morning! - Always best to search if others are / have had issues with a specific firmware update prior to applying it. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Hi @CliveC @NeilBird123

I've spoken to Hikvision support about this issue.

I agree that they should be going above and beyond in supporting this issue because there is clearly a fault with the hardware in a number of NVR units that is being triggered by this firmware.

If you have an NVR that is stuck in a boot loop after updating to a v4.61 firmware and you purchased it from use-IP then please email us directly and whether it is in or out of warranty we will try and pursue getting it repaired by Hikvision.

If you did NOT purchase the NVR from use-IP then at the moment all I can recommend is that you try contacting Hikvision support about the fault directly. When I spoke to them they were not clear about how far they will go in terms of which customers they will support with this issue, but they have confirmed that they are working on a 'Standard Process' of how they will deal with this situation going forward and that they will try and make the process public as soon as possible.

Back