01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR autoswitch, display one camera on 2 pages not possible? WHY?

sweni

Hi,

First of all a hello to everyone since this is my first post on this forum. I have tried to search for an answer to my problem without result from various searchengines and forums like this without any success.

My Hikvision gear:
A Couple of NVR DS-7616NI-K2 and NVR DS-7608NI-K2 with firmware V4.30.061 build210313.
A number of IP-cameras DS-2CD2125FWD-I and DS-2CD2745FWD-IZS.

Scenario:
4 cameras displayed on one screen with 2x2 layout with NVR DS-7616NI-K2 (HDMI).
I want to add a 5th camera to the screen but with a 5 second autoswitch with one of the cameras already displayed on screen.

Conclusion = not possible!

Out of the 4 cameras in the 2x2 layout 3 cameras are VITAL and has to remain displayed all the time.

Workaround, or so I thought:
So I thought that I can create a new 2x2 page to autoshift to and use the 3 vital cameras in that one plus the 5th I want to add, problem solved.
But much to my surprise you can't use a camera more than 1 time on the 8 pages that are available in the 2x2 layout!
The cameras are locked to the page that they are assigned to and can't be used more times on any of the remaining pages.

What I can do is to set it up via the VGA-output but then I have to find a way to switch between outputs with an interval to the screen, no idea how long the switch time would be even if I found such a solution.

To change the layout is out of the question.
I could add another screen and show the 5th camerafeed on that screen alone via the VGA-output.

Best solution would be if you could autoshift a camerafeed to another within the 2x2 layout, or ANY of the layouts for that matter.
Accepted solution to be able to use cameras more than one time within the layout, or the next page in the layout for autoshift.

How is this not a feature?
Or is there a workaround that I haven't come to think about?
Appreciate your replys whatever they may be.

//sweni

Hi @sweni

As far as I am aware the ability to have one window of the live view split-screen switch between different cameras is not something any of the Hikvision NVRs support.

Usually, if people need to live view 5 cameras at the same time they simply change the live view layout from 2x2 to 1+7 and just leave the unused live view windows blank.

Alternatively, you can connect a 2nd screen to either the HDMI/VGA port (whichever you are not already using) and you can then go to Configuration > Live View > General and select your main screen from the output interface, then set the layout to 2x2, and click apply, then switch the output interface to your 2nd screen and set that screens layout to 1x1 and click apply. Once you have done this you can then go into the View menu and set the layout of each screen. (e.g. primary screen set to 2x2 with the first 4 cameras and the 2nd screen set to 1x1 with just the 5th camera) Once all that is saved and you return to the live view you should see all 5 cameras split across 2 screens.

Hi @Dan

Thank you for your swift reply!

That was pretty much my conclusion as well.
But I think it seems kinda strange that you can view a specific camerafeed on both HDMI and VGA output at the same time to two seperate screens, but you can't view that specific camerafeed on 2 different autoshift pages via the same output.

Why I want to keep the 2x2 layout is because the other options (1x5 & 1x7) makes the windowsizes too small to be acceptable.

Would be great if it was possible to switch camerafeeds within the used split-screen layout, neat and tidy.

Guess I need to go with adding a second screen for that one camera.

Reactions: Dan
Back