01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR Live View Slow

Cos

I have a DS-7604NI-E1/4P/A with two cameras one DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS and a DS-2CD2745F-IS.

When I log in to the DS-7604 and click on the Live View button, the DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS is pretty much instantly displays however the DS-2CD2745F-IS quite often fails to display an image, and it is becoming more problematic. If I stop and restart live view a few times it eventually works. I also get the same issue on my phone using iVMS-4500 HD but here I get an error 8200 whereas I don't get anything noticeable on the NVR by way of an error.

Does anyone else have an issue with a camera not displaying on an NVR? I'm sure it is the camera but not sure what I can do about it.

The first camera is a 2MP resolution model, the 2nd is 4MP. To me it show like a bandwith problem, in which way are you connected to the NVR (LAN, WiFi, mobile)?

You can try to switch to the 2nd stream of the camera or to lower the resolution of the first stream directly on the camera (for testing purposes).

The first camera is a 2MP resolution model, the 2nd is 4MP. To me it show like a bandwith problem, in which way are you connected to the NVR (LAN, WiFi, mobile)?

You can try to switch to the 2nd stream of the camera or to lower the resolution of the first stream directly on the camera (for testing purposes).

The cameras themselves are connected to the NVR via POE ports. When I'm viewing the NVR live stream it is via wifi on my laptop and with the mobile it could be 4G.

That's interesting about the camera resolutions. I wasn't aware that all the cameras should, or at least ideally, are the same resolutions when connected on an NVR type device????

I'll try lowering the second 4MP resolution to match the first 2MP camera. Kind of annoying if it works as it rather defeats the object of having a higher resolution.

I'm not sure you can change the camera resolution using the Nvr or iVMS-4500 . Think you have to log into the camera direct.

However easiest way to test is using iVMS-4500 image quality:

Select image quality > custom -> stream type - sub stream -> resolution - 4CIF(704x576) -> frame rate 6 -> bitrate 2048k

The above works for me no problem on 4G.

That's interesting about the camera resolutions. I wasn't aware that all the cameras should, or at least ideally, are the same resolutions when connected on an NVR type device????

Naah, that's fine. Your NVR can handle this quite well.

Just take a look at your bandwith, to see where the bottleneck is. The streamsettings are adjustable on the NVR directly or on the client, you can switch mainstream/substream, like @RWB already mentioned.

In the webinterface look at the screenshot, they look similar on the NVR... You need to search a bit in the menu ;);)

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-09 um 14.21.44.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-09 um 14.21.44.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 2,015
Back