01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR recording/playback issues

aureliandan

Hello,

I have a "DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P" NVR that was used until now only with 2 x 2 Mpx camera and it worked without issues.
Recently I've bought 2 x 4Mpx AcuSense cameras and start to have issues on playback (sequence was not continuous, it was running for example for 2 sec then freeze for 10-15s then running again for 2 sec and so on). I've noticed that the issue is present when both cameras were configured to continuous recording the main stream (video&Audio, 2688 x 1520, 25fps, Max bit rate 6144, H.264), when the Storage Schedule Settings was configured for Event, the playback was normal. First thought was bandwidth or network issues but for this type of NVR with 80 Mbps input bandwidth , only 2 x 4 Mpx should not be a problem. Network is also very good. I've downloaded the record on the local PC and the same issue so the only reasonable conclusion is that the video was registered as is, perhaps due to some CPU issues or HDD issues.
Looking in the log, there are no HDD errors reported and in general no errors reported. A lot of "System Running State" Info type messages (seems only informative).
I've decided to do a HDD format, operation completed without issues but the problem is still there.
I've run a "Bad Sector Detection" - Key Area Detection that completed successfully, all green but in the next step "Bad Sector Detection" - Full Detection, the process stopped at 0.35% with the message: "Aborted (too many bad sectors)".
I've tried next to run a S.M.A.R.T Self-test and it failed with the message "Read operation failed"
HDD_KeyAreaTest.JPG

Full test
HDD_TooManyBadSectors.JPG

S.M.A.R.T Test
HDD_SelfTest.JPG

It is a little confusing as there are no HDD errors in the log and the Bad Sector test with Key Area Detection was clean but all other tests failed.
HDD (Seagate Skyhawk Surveillance, 1 TB, 64 MB cache, 5900rpm) is also a little old (1480 Days ~ 4 years).
I would like to buy a new 2 TB HDD, same Seagate Skyhawk Surveillance but with 256 MB cache.

Any thought/suggestion appreciated !

Thank you !

P.S. I don't have any issues on Live view seeing both cameras.
Model: DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P
Firmware Version: V4.61.010 build 220527

Last edited:
Sorry that nobody has responded for a week - are you still having problems?

Back