01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Pixelated/Randomly losing the main stream- from my Hikvision IP cameras?

Newtothis

DS-7604NI-K1(B)
DS-2CD2385G1-I
DS-2CD2365G1-I

Everything is working fine except I randomly lose view of the main stream on both camerasat the same time.
Using the Hik-Connect app, the main stream loads to about 90% then nothing.
Using the nvr and monitor the main stream is just a black screen.
Using the NVR web page, the live main stream is just a grey box.
My internet is stable at, 370 DOWN 37 UP
The sub stream loads fine.

Starting with the most basics - I would not expect this problem on the local monitor view.
Did you make your own camera connecting cables?
Perhaps test with the camera(s) close to the NVR using short/bought patch leads and see whether you still see this problem.

Starting with the most basics - I would not expect this problem on the local monitor view.
Did you make your own camera connecting cables?
Perhaps test with the camera(s) close to the NVR using short/bought patch leads and see whether you still see this problem.
The cables were bought from Use-IP
I will try another cable as soon as i can.
Lowering the camera resolution to anything below the maximum seems to fix it?
From the NVR, the cables run in opposite directions, 1 is 5m Cat 6, the other is 20m Cat5e.
The problem effects both cameras main stream at the same time.

Last edited:
Don't worry about the cables, if they are both purchased patch leads then it's extremely unlikely that is causing problems.
Are both cameras direct-connected to the NVR and using its POE power?
Are they the only cameras connected?
Can you please upload a screenshot of the Camera Management page from the NVR's Config?

Don't worry about the cables, if they are both purchased patch leads then it's extremely unlikely that is causing problems.
Are both cameras direct-connected to the NVR and using its POE power?
Are they the only cameras connected?
Can you please upload a screenshot of the Camera Management page from the NVR's Config?
Yes, Only 2 cameras both connected direct to NVR using POE.
Whatever is happening, it happens to both cameras at the same time.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 351
  • 2.png
    2.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 368
It is unlikely to be firmware causing this, but it is best to get everything onto THE latest available firmware before we begin fault-finding.
I'll ask @Dan to link you to the latest firmware ASAP.

Hi @Newtothis

Latest firmware for both cameras is v5.6.5 and the latest firmware for the NVR is v4.30.000
I have updated the firmware on the cameras and still the same. I recently updated the NVR to v4.30.000 but had to go back because of abnormal shutdowns when i turned on smart events/intrusion detection.
When the main stream is ok, i get what is displayed in the image.

Attachments

• cc.png
    cc.png
    7.9 MB · Views: 388
Is that a LIVE view i.e. not playback and you get some sort of time shift effect?
e.g. the girl in the pink top, and the two lads, appear twice.
You are just watching the LIVE stream from the camera?

Is that a LIVE view i.e. not playback and you get some sort of time shift effect?
e.g. the girl in the pink top, and the two lads, appear twice.
You are just watching the LIVE stream from the camera?
This happens when watching the live, main stream, from either camera, on the monitor connected to the NVR.

Last edited:
Is it always like this?
Or just an effect that you see/catch occasionally?
If you view the the camera directly LIVE in a browser do you see the same effect?

What firmware version are you running on the NVR now please?

I don't know what is causing it.
It will be hard to diagnose and resolve to a particular root cause.
It's a very straight forward and common hardware configuration - that NVR can be used with more and higher res cameras.
We're not getting similar feedback from anybody else.

I think the best course of action will be to reset your devices to default and start afresh.
Add one camera only at first, and see whether any issues are evident.

Is it always like this?
Or just an effect that you see/catch occasionally?
If you view the the camera directly LIVE in a browser do you see the same effect?

What firmware version are you running on the NVR now please?

I don't know what is causing it.
It will be hard to diagnose and resolve to a particular root cause.
It's a very straight forward and common hardware configuration - that NVR can be used with more and higher res cameras.
We're not getting similar feedback from anybody else.

I think the best course of action will be to reset your devices to default and start afresh.
Add one camera only at first, and see whether any issues are evident.
It isn't constant but is regular. The NVR was an *open box* from Use-ip

Lowering the resolution causes less of a challenge/load/burden - but the NVR should be fine with your cameras at Max resolution.

Lowering the resolution causes less of a challenge/load/burden - but the NVR should be fine with your cameras at Max resolution.
Yes, i have been switching back and forth between resolutions and the problem comes and goes with each change.

I can't recall whether you have said whether the issue remains with just a single camera connected?

But, ultimately, I think the best course of action is to settle on solid/latest firmware, then reset and reconfigure afresh.

I can't recall whether you have said whether the issue remains with just a single camera connected?

But, ultimately, I think the best course of action is to settle on solid/latest firmware, then reset and reconfigure afresh.
The issue is still there with only 1 camera connected. The latest NVR firmware caused abnormal shutdowns for me when i have smart events enabled.
The firmware installed is V3.4.112 build 200415
I had this problem on/off since setup. First on V3.4.109 build 191121 (Main Stream takes ages to load.) Then on v4.30.000, but i downgraded because of abnormal shutdowns, and now on V3.4.112 build 200415.

A few hours since lowering the resolutions, the problem is still there but happens a lot less often.

Last edited:
Update.
After coming home tonight and looking through today's playback, the images have been better with a few issues here and there. I switched the resolution back to the cameras max resolution and all seemed ok at first but the longer i watched the live footage (a couple of hours), the worse the image started to get and more regular. It starts as like a shadow trailing behind any movement, then gradually gets worse until the shadow becomes pixelated and choppy. Also, when switching between cameras, the live feed took longer and longer to load as time went on. Watching from the NVR.

Last edited:

Updated to v4.30.000 this morning. When you say "reset and reconfigure" do you mean simple restore or factory defaults?

Back