01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Playback problem - any chance of help please ?

scooby73466

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I have a 3 camera iVMS 4200 CCTV system with a Hikvision NVR DS-7604NI-E1-4P (copied from my original invoice which has SEAGATE SURVEILLANCE 7TH GEN 3.5 HDD, 3TB typed underneath ) and I presume the latter to be the HD in the NVR. But I have hit a problem today which I have never seen before. It is all about Playback. When I go to Remote Playback mode the first thing I notice is a permanent red Status light showing on the front of the NVR.
CCTV4.jpg

If I then double click on one of the cameras I get the following screen as usual but it doesn't load the camera.

CCTV2.jpg

Wjen I do click on the Cancel option I get the following error message :
CCTV7.jpg
I do not get the normal list of video recordings and times on the RH side of the screen.
I should say at this time that the cameras are showing perfectly, as they should be, in Main View mode. I am no expert but I am fairly certain that the problem is that, for some reason, the cameras are not being recorded and that my problem lies with my NVR. Would someone be kind enough to confirm this for me if that is my problem for a start please ? Thank you.

Last edited:
I have a 3 camera iVMS 4200 CCTV system with a Hikvision NVR DS-7604NI-E1-4P (copied from my original invoice which has SEAGATE SURVEILLANCE 7TH GEN 3.5 HDD, 3TB typed underneath ) and I presume the latter to be the HD in the NVR. But I have hit a problem today which I have never seen before. It is all about Playback. When I go to Remote Playback mode the first thing I notice is a permanent red Status light showing on the front of the NVR.
View attachment 8798

If I then double click on one of the cameras I get the following screen as usual but it doesn't load the camera.

View attachment 8795

Wjen I do click on the Cancel option I get the following error message :
View attachment 8801
I do not get the normal list of video recordings and times on the RH side of the screen.
I should say at this time that the cameras are showing perfectly, as they should be, in Main View mode. I am no expert but I am fairly certain that the problem is that, for some reason, the cameras are not being recorded and that my problem lies with my NVR. Would someone be kind enough to confirm this for me if that is my problem for a start please ? Thank you.
Has the hard drive failed?

Has the hard drive failed?
Apologies for the late reply but I can't find an option on this site to be informed of replies or further posts. No, the hard drive didn't fail, it was still recording, but there were clearly errors with something somewhere because, for instance, playback was very erratic. I bought a new Hikvision NVR from my original suppliers but still have problems but of a different kind.

I can't find an option on this site to be informed of replies or further posts
As you are the Original Poster (OP) then you should receive an email whenever anybody responds.

For other threads (or even whole forums / sub-forums) you can just click on 'Watch' at the top right and you should receive an email when new threads are posted.

There was a short period that may align with @David's response to you when Gmail disapproved our sending server's ID setup and our hosts had to edit some DNS settings (DKIM / PTR). AFAIK all is good again now.

As you are the Original Poster (OP) then you should receive an email whenever anybody responds.

For other threads (or even whole forums / sub-forums) you can just click on 'Watch' at the top right and you should receive an email when new threads are posted.

There was a short period that may align with @David's response to you when Gmail disapproved our sending server's ID setup and our hosts had to edit some DNS settings (DKIM / PTR). AFAIK all is good again now.
Thank you, that makes sense. I just checked before making this replay but no email as yet but it was only a few moments ago when you made your post.
EDIT : I just looked at my account details and I had the boxes ticked about informing me about such things.

It may be worth checking the Spam folder in your Gmail.
Oh dear, I should have thought of that. Thank you very much. I just checked and both your posts were in my Googlemail spam folder. I think the problem was compounded because any emails sent to that email address are automatically sent to my main email address and so I don't go into Googlemail very often. I had the opportunity to label them as not spam and they have been forwarded but I must remember to keep an eye on that in future. Thanks again for your help. One more thing : this mail system doesn't let me see a preview unless I have agreed to cookies and I can't see where I am able to do that. If I have been asked in the past I would certainly have said no and so maybe that has blocked me.

Back