01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Playback With Clock Changes?

gp116126

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hello everyone.

My nvr is a ds-7608 K2 8p. I am running the latest available version 3 software and 6 GO and G1 cams.

I checked playback on various cameras through the NVR playback menu this morning and noticed something strange.

When dragging the mouse on the timeline to review footage quickly, I noticed a smart event (@ 1.23am) shaded green that showed activity ( a fox playing with one of my garden shoes, LOL) but when I let the NVR run at standard speed over the event the fox disappeared and only displayed what appeared to be the scene without the activity on it.

I let the footage run either side of the event a few times and it didn't pick it up.

I checked two more cameras and they also had events at roughly the same time and when I let the NVR play on its own they didn't show.

I've never had this before but then thought that it could be something to do with the clocks going back.

My NVR automatically adjusted it's time correctly so I can only presume that the NVR has a problem with date stamping the footage because when it was recorded at 1:23 in the morning 40 minutes later or there abouts it would be 12:23 in the morning, so the NVR just won't show the hour of footage before the clocks went back otherwise it would keep overwriting an hours worth of footage.

So if this is correct, to check whether you have events for between 1 a.m. and 2 a.m. run the mouse over the timeline in the playback mode.

Cheers

I’ve got similar issues with my DVR and NVR. One has adjusted to new time other hasn’t. In Hik-Connect both are showing they’ve recorded footage an hour ahead. Seems I’ve only got to fart and the sodding stuff plays up.

I've seen something similar too. The NVR adjusted its time correctly. The on screen display clocks did not.

It seems to me that the only time the cameras sync with the NVR are when they first make a network connection with it (i.e. rebooting the NVR or the cameras - not all my cameras are taking power from the NVR but still sync when the NVR reboots). Until I rebooted the system around 8am the time on the images we incorrect.

In normal playback there appears to be a missing hour of footage. Hik-Connect is playing up several hours later as @R_M mentioned with the time being one hour out on playback compared to the time on the images which is now correct.

There is a lot to be desired when it comes to Hikvision NVRs/apps and functionality though the cameras themselves are very good.

Reactions: R_M
Also having the exact same problem, it’s annoying as i only record motion and none of the markers line up on playback, anyone found a solution?

I've not checked it out yet but it might be that if you search for motion under the events option then they will just be there listed and will play.

The Hikconnect app seems to get confused on every clock change day if you didn't have auto DST change set. My home NVR's have been fine - but the NVR I fitted last week to the local church didn't have it enabled - and having changed the times manually today - the Hikconnect app is all over the place when trying to review any of today's footage. I've sort of worked out that if I want to see 4pm, I need to set the slider to 6pm, however if it's only 5pm, you can't see 4pm until 6pm arrives if that makes sense. Another quirk of Quirkvision cameras and NVR's.

I've seen something similar too. The NVR adjusted its time correctly. The on screen display clocks did not.

It seems to me that the only time the cameras sync with the NVR are when they first make a network connection with it (i.e. rebooting the NVR or the cameras - not all my cameras are taking power from the NVR but still sync when the NVR reboots). Until I rebooted the system around 8am the time on the images we incorrect.

In normal playback there appears to be a missing hour of footage. Hik-Connect is playing up several hours later as @R_M mentioned with the time being one hour out on playback compared to the time on the images which is now correct.

There is a lot to be desired when it comes to Hikvision NVRs/apps and functionality though the cameras themselves are very good.

I’m sick to the back teeth with Hikvision! Just re booted my POC DVR and in doing so lost one camera.
My G2 acush*** cam has stopped picking up cars and people and now just picks up leaves.
If I’d paid someone the 3k it would have cost to install the kit I’ve got the installation company would be getting a pretty blunt call in the morning!
As for the resellers what are you doing? It’s pretty basic in the U.K. for these systems to recognise yearly time changes and should work perfectly after one.

If the NVR is set correctly (it's not out of the box), Daylight Savings Time should be set at:

Start. Last Sunday in March at 1:00 AM
End. Last Sunday in October at 2:00 AM

Following daylight savings switch, you'll appear to lose 1 hour of recording when playing back. You "lose" 1 AM BST to 2 AM. This is because at 2 AM when the hour goes back, the NVR records 1 AM GMT to 2 AM GMT. The timeline only reflects GMT and the first hour is "lost".....Except it's not - if you browse the files on the storage you can find both 1 hour periods. Of course it's a pain if something happens to occur in that overlap as it's not directly accessible from the playback interface. From memory Hikvision set the change to occur at the same time both at start and end of BST - which is incorrect.

Hik Connect uuuuugh! God knows what goes on there. I searched for 11:35PM last night - all times correct on cameras and NVR but Hik Connect is incorrect so retrieves video one hour out.

Back