01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Please help.......VCA Playback problems on IVMS-4200 .

duvetdave

Hi all, this is my first thread so please be gentle with me.

First, some details. I have two Hikvision DS-2CD2335FWD-I cameras connected directly to a Hikvision NVR DS-7604NI-K1. The firmware is up to date on both cams and NVR.

I am generally happy with my setup. However, I do have two problems with my system.

1, The “Enable Virtual Host” option keeps resetting back to off. This is not a big problem, but it is annoying if I use a browser to reach a camera. Does anyone know anything about this or have the same problem?

2, I also use IVMS-4200 on my laptop and it works well except one function. On “Remote Playback” the option just above the time line “VCA Playback”. I hoped it would be like a smart search on the NVR. So that if I selected the date and time chose motion detection, then selected an area with the red boxes it would return just results in that area.

Sadly, this does not seem to work that way for me. For example, If I search the full screen I may get less hits than if I search just part of the screen even though the sensitivity is the same. Not only that, if I know that if movement takes place on a part of the screen, say on a path. If I do a VCA Playback search for motion on that path it will not give the result expected even though if I search another way e.g. event search the system has recorded the motion. Any advice please?

Any input on this? Have the same issue? Is Smart Playback (only highlight the events) it not in the feature set of ivms 4200? Or is this a setting issue?

Back