01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Problem Updating Firmware In HiWatch IPC Camera?

Ben Leach

I am trying to update the software in my IPC-B140 camera.
I have downloaded what I believe to be the latest firmware from the Hikvision UK portal - HIKVISION UK PORTAL

Version - 5.5.82 190130

I have located the digicap.dav file on the top level of the C directory and browsed to the file and tried to upgrade the firmware.

After approx. 10 seconds of upgrading, and with the upgrading value staying at zero, the upgrading window disappears and a white cross with a red background appears along with the message - The type of upgrade file mismatches.

Any ideas what I need to do to update the firmware?

Thanks
Ben

I have had this sort of issue with HikVision cameras in the past, I have 3 ANPR cameras which I have found various newer firmware files for but the updated firmware will just not go onto the cameras for whatever reason.

Only thing I would suggest you try is using the Batch Config Tool instead of going to the camera or NVR interface:

In the past I have found some things on cameras that I could not set using the NVR or the web camera interface that for whatever reason will work when using the batch config tool. Not saying it will fix your problem but may be worth a go.

I tried again but with the digicap.dav file on the desktop - this time the same happened but the message read - Failed to get the upgrading progress.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Ben

I have had this sort of issue with HikVision cameras in the past, I have 3 ANPR cameras which I have found various newer firmware files for but the updated firmware will just not go onto the cameras for whatever reason.

Only thing I would suggest you try is using the Batch Config Tool instead of going to the camera or NVR interface:

In the past I have found some things on cameras that I could not set using the NVR or the web camera interface that for whatever reason will work when using the batch config tool. Not saying it will fix your problem but may be worth a go.
Many thank for your quick response.

Please excuse my ignorance - what is the Batch Config Tool?

Thanks
Ben

Many thank for your quick response.

Please excuse my ignorance - what is the Batch Config Tool?

Thanks
Ben
It's a HikVision (windows) tool that you run and then you add your devices to (e.g. add a camera IP and username/password).

Then within the list of devices you can edit settings individually or do software upgrades but also you can do "batch" processes - e.g. select 5 cameras and perform an operation on all 5 at once. Instead of having to do things on each of the 5 cameras.

The release notes here shows some screenshots from it:

The batch configuration approach looks a bit too complex for me.

Can anybody shed any light on why I am getting the "Failed to get the upgrading progress" and the "Type of upgrade file mismatches" messages?

Thanks
Ben

I have now established that my cameras are HiWatch rather than HiLook.
So I have now logged in on the HiWatch E-Portal and have gone to the IPC firmware location and have a choice of the following versions:
1616941814299.png

I have tried the IPC_GO_..... one as the attached document, which is the IPC Platform at the top of this list, shows B140 under GO.

But I still get the same message - Failed to get the upgrading progress.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ben

Attachments

• IPC Platform (1).pdf
    105 KB · Views: 325
Does anybody have any idea why I am unable to upgrade my HiWatch IPC-B140 firmware?

Make sure that you have the correct firmware ("mismatch" suggests that you don't).

Then, follow this guide VERY closely:

Make sure that you have the correct firmware ("mismatch" suggests that you don't).

Then, follow this guide VERY closely:
Phil,
Thanks for your response.
I am happy to follow the instructions VERY closely.
But the problem that I have is that I can't establish which is the correct firmware for the HiWatch IPC-B140 cameras.
It would be great if you could advise a link and the name of the firmware file that I need to download.
Thanks in anticipation of your assistance.
Ben

Hi @Ben Leach

Firmware for HiWatch cameras is found at a separate HiWatch Download Portal
Hi Dan,
Thanks for responding.
I am aware of the HiWatch Download Portal and have looked at the firmware downloads on it, but I have no idea which is the correct one for my HiWatch IPC-B140 cameras.
It would be very much appreciated if you could advise which is the right one.
Thanks
Ben

If you look at the attached IPC Platform document (which is available from the HiWatch portal) you will see that your model would appear to use the G0 Firmware, the latest G0 firmware is v5.5.80

Attachments

• IPC Platform.pdf
    100.8 KB · Views: 507
have a look at this old post
Firmware Help
R6 firmware worked for one, but not another..
as discussed on some older posts some IPC-B140 cams seem to be compatible with HIK R6 firmware

Ben's camera has v5.5.82 atm, so must be differnt B140 to the ones listed on Hiwatch with v5.5.80.
mind you the latest R6 version is 5.5.82_190909.. so not newer to what he has.

If you look at the attached IPC Platform document (which is available from the HiWatch portal) you will see that your model would appear to use the G0 Firmware, the latest G0 firmware is v5.5.80
Hi Dan,
Thanks for your quick response.
I previously reviewed the IPC Platform document and tried this but after approx. 10 seconds of upgrading, and with the upgrading value staying at zero, the upgrading window disappears and a white cross with a red background appears along with the message - The type of upgrade file mismatches. I am assuming that this message appears as it is not an appropriate file for the camera.
When I looked closer at the IPC Platform document I noted that the model IPC-B140H is there under G0 but there in no TPC-B140. So I assume that this was not the correct file.
I welcome your thoughts / ideas.
Thanks
Ben

Apologies, I had not seen the rest of your comments above where you say you have tried this firmware.

I believe there may be some confusion with the model you have because all the HiWatch models start HWI- as you will see in the platform document, but you say your camera is labelled IPC- which is code used for HiLook cameras and the latest firmware for the IPC-B140 HiLook camera is v5.5.82

If neither the HiLook nor HiWatch G0 firmware work then I am afraid there is little else we can recommend.

This poor/older firmware support was one of many reasons why we have never sold HiWatch/HiLook cameras, there only ever seems to be problems with them.

Apologies, I had not seen the rest of your comments above where you say you have tried this firmware.

I believe there may be some confusion with the model you have because all the HiWatch models start HWI- as you will see in the platform document, but you say your camera is labelled IPC- which is code used for HiLook cameras and the latest firmware for the IPC-B140 HiLook camera is v5.5.82
Hi Dan,
No problem.
The screenshot below shows HiWatch in the top left hand corner and IPC-B140 as the model number?
Thanks
Ben

1617192806495.png

Back