01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problem with remote configure ip cameras connected to the NVR?

sean98

Hello all,

I have a problem with not being able to "remote configure ip cameras connected to the NVR" (as pictured below) in the Hik-Partner Pro
i have tried being an installer and end user

This is completely different to the "cameras configuration" under the NVR side of camera settings, I am talking about directly connecting to the Camera via having cameras connected to the NVR.
I know this is possible as I have access to it on mine at the moment
I have also attached a photo of the selection when I remote configure the cameras.

Both NVR’s are the same series just one is 8ch other is 16ch, DS-7616NI-I2

Model: DS-7616NI-I2
Firmware of problem NVR: V4.40.017 build 220126
Firmware of other with access to configuration : V4.51.025 build 210927

Thanks in advance
Sean

on bad NVR.jpg
remote config no problems.jpg
what pops up on the good NVR.jpg

Hi @sean98

It looks like this is possibly an NVR firmware issue, have you tried updating the problem NVR to the same V4.51.025 build 210927 firmware as the other NVR?

What is odd is that the problem NVR is using an older version of firmware (V4.40.017) but the build date is newer than the version running on the other NVR (build 220126 = 26/01/22), this suggests that both NVRs are from different global regions and are using different regional firmware.

Hello Dan,
Thanks for getting back to me so fast

It looks like this is possibly an NVR firmware issue, have you tried updating the problem NVR to the same V4.51.025 build 210927 firmware as the other NVR?'
I haven't no Dan, my NVR is a different region that's correct (unfortunately was a grey import device).
I will be in contact with Hik-Vision tomorrow confirming the correct firmware required as I don't want to brick the unit.

yeah you are correct I'm Aware I have to use a different region of Firmware for my NVR.

Do you think it could be anything else besides firmware Dan?

thanks Sean

okay,

I would say firmware is most likely and would be the first thing to check.

The Hik-Partner Pro app is relatively new and it could just be that the camera configuration was not fully supported on this earlier firmware version.

Ok thanks Dan, you have been very helpful I will indeed be letting you know the outcome after the firmware update.

Thanks
Sean

Reactions: Dan
ended up being the Firmware version Dan.
(hikvision remoted in and upgraded), upgraded to version 4.6 and checked the Hik-Partner, I then gained access to configuration to cameras remotely but the cameras showed as offline in the tab.

i suggested that we remove the account from the Partner account then re add it, then it worked.

so for anyone else,
upgrade firmware to current version,
remove NVR from Partner account
add NVR to partner account
check and hopefully its working fine.

Reactions: Dan
Back