01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Pyronix Home Control 2.0 - adding smart devices such as switches and plugs?

Cromer1

Our alarm installer has registered our alarm via their Pyronix cloud.
We have been using Pro Control Plus, but it's not stable.
We have now switched to Home Control 2.0 which seems much better - remote connection to the alarm seems much better.

The Home Control 2.0 App (iOS) has a facility to connect to smart devices such as switches and plugs.
Now this is where I'm confused. The app requires the user to log into the home control cloud - is this cloud the same as the Pyronix cloud or a separate cloud?

I don't have the Pyronix cloud login details as it's run by our installer / engineer, but our euro 76 alarm is registered with the app and is running ok.

We don't have any experience with Pyronix intruder alarms here at use-IP.
However, as Pyronix is now owned by Hikvision, I have moved this query from the General Discussion forum to the Hikvision forum as it's quite likely that some forum members may have relevant experience and be able to help.

Last edited:
I am reasonably sure the cloud it's talking about is the Pyronix Cloud (https://www.pyronixcloud.com/). You can register an account but the first thing it asks is to "Register New System" where it needs "System ID" and "Cloud Password (as entered in the alarm panel)". So your alarm installer would have those details and may (or may not) allow you to have them to add/configure additional things.

I have not asked our installer for those details as not really needed to, he went and configured a few things on our behalf - e.g. by default the app was only getting alarm push notifications. It was not getting any set/unset notifications. He had to configure the cloud to enable all notifications which users can then enable/disable as they want via phone notification settings.

I only have some limited experience as a user with Pyronix/Home Control 2.0 app to control a couple of site alarms and at one site our installer added lighting contactors which we can control via the "Automate" option in the app.

All of the details you need are accessible from the keypad.

- Press D then your manager code (you do not need the engineer code but it must be the manager code)
- Press NO until you see Set up App and press Yes.
-Press Yes to go through the entries. You just need the System ID and App Password.

Your installer may have added your system to the cloud using their installer account - that’s how I do it as I manage the cloud connections for customers. You can still set up your own Pyronix Cloud account via the HomeControl2.0 app to add Pyronix smart plugs, cameras, doorbells to the app to see them alongside the alarm, that’s no issue.

The only thing you can’t do is remove your alarm from the installers account while there’s an active subscription. They would have to delete it from their account in order for you to reregister it to your own. That would be pointless as you’d lose the subscription and have to pay £40 for 12 months subscription. Once your existing subscription ends, if your installer was unhelpful, Pyronix support will delete it from the installer for you.

Back