01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Questions for setup of NVR and camera...

Cos

I have the following NVR and camera connected together:

DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S
V4.60.105 build 220118

DS-2CD2786G2-IZS
V5.7.3 build 211222

According to the Hikvision website, the camera is capable of facial recognition but I cannot see anywhere in the NVR to set this up. There are a few smart events in the the NVR but even fewer in the camera itself...

This is really odd - The NVR has smart events for 'Scene Change Detection', 'Intrusion Detection', 'Line Crossing Detection', 'Region Entrance Detection' and 'Region Exiting Detection' and these don't appear in the camera smart events presumably as the NVR takes over their control. But, if this is the case why does the 'Scene Change Detection' feature appear in the camera and NVR smart event menu?

Options.png

I can see in the NVR there are menus for 'Target Capture' and 'Vehicle Detection' when I click on these I get a warning "Does not support the function." so I guess this is not the right function for this and this is for some thing the cameras are not capable of???

Menu.png

Although I have 'Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion' enabled, I don't see anything in the setup window or the live view for that matter. I understood this was an aid to enable the user to view where the motion was being triggered and display this movement. Why doesn't this work?

Dyn.png

Part of the setup for events is the 'Arming Schedule' which I can fully understand - it sets the time period you want the function to operate. But what I don't understand is why you need to set it again in the Storage Schedule Settings...
In there you presumably disable this feature if you don't set the schedule for 'Motion' or presumably override this feature if you select 'Continuous'!! But more than that, what happens if you want to set the schedule for an Event and an Alarm? There is no way that I can see the schedule can be set for both of these at the same time... There is the option for 'Motion | Alarm' or 'Motion & Alarm' but motion isn't always an event is it?
I'd assume you can disable everything by disabling scheduling which presumably overrides all event schedules?

Schedule.png

If you set up a 'Line Crossing Event' or a 'Region Entrance / Exit Detection' event and it is triggered, what happens if the human or vehicle lingers? When does recording stop?
For example. What if you set a 'Line Crossing Event' at the perimeter of your property for home security and along comes a burgular who crosses the line and triggers the event. They may linger around on the property side of the line for a few minutes so when does the camera stop recording? Sounds like the recording may well stop while the process of entering the property???

If I leave the browser alone and get on with something else (not quite sure of the triggering event) but I will come back to it and have a "Live View Failed" error. This is for live view and for the smart event preview windows too...

What if 'Human' and 'Vehicle' are unchecked on smart event, does it just resort to looking for pixel changes in the image?

Smart and Live.png

Hi @Cos

First of all the 2786G2 does not support facial recognition, it supports face detection/capture which is just an advanced form of motion detection (e.g. it detects faces in the scene and triggers the event/sends a notification).

To utilise this feature you need to go to System > System Settings > VCA Resources > and switch the camera from Smart Event to Face Capture, this will then allow you to access the face detection/capture features but at the same time will disable the smart events.

In regards to the missing Smart Events in the camera settings, are you accessing the camera via virtual host? we have a 2386G2 camera running the same firmware on our local network and when logged into it directly all the smart event settings are there. I think when accessing via virtual host it only shows you limited settings and mainly only the settings that cannot be adjusted from the NVR settings.

The NVR will offer features, like 'Target Capture' and 'Vehicle Detection', that may not be supported by every camera connected to the NVR.

In regards to the event on-screen dynamic analysis, you need to go to the NVR local menu and enable rules, you should then see the event data on the live view image.

The arming and record schedules are separate because you may want different configurations for different times in the day. For example, you want a line crossing event armed from 9am-5pm and an intrusion set for 5pm round to 9am but you want the NVR to record both events, you would set the arming schedules of each event to the times you want but set the record schedule to event recording 24/7.

Alarm input and output come under the banner of Basic Events so I believe if you wanted to record both a specific smart event and an alarm input/output you would just set the record schedule to event and then set the arming schedule of both the event and alarm of choice.

How long an event records for depends on the event you chose, events like line crossing and region entrance/exit will only record for a set period of time before and after those events trigger (see the advanced setting for the pre/post record time settings) but events like motion detection and intrusion detection will continue to record as long as there is activity in the set area.

The browser access will timeout if left idle for long periods of time and this can mean that the live view stops or you are logged out, if you want to have access 24/7 without timeout you would need to connect an HDMI/VGA monitor to the NVR.

If human/vehicle is unticked then yes the camera defaults to changes in the image/pixels.

Back