01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Re : How to adjust lighting level sensor on a DS-2CD2742FWD-I dome camera

Brian

I recently up my upgraded my firmware on this camera and it works fine in day time , New firm Ware fitted was DOWNLOAD PORTAL

However when it gets dark the LED lighting does not turn its self on until its totally black , Across the road from my house is a street light which turns off at 1am until then I am looking at a very grainy picture is there any way the light level sensor can be adjusted so the LEDs can come on early . I have here 5 x DS-2CD2742FWD-I and they all switch on there LEDs when it starts getting dark and dont require totally black .

If there is no software adjustment on the camera or can only :
Return to old firware
Install separate LED lighting
Change camera

Cheers

Have you looked at the camera's configaration setting, IE: logged onto the camera and see if there is a setting for it
I wondered why one of our turret camera's wasnt playing and it turned out to be the WDR setting in the config.

May not be the same problem but worth a look

1519587162539.png

How our settings look like

Many Thanks for your reply I will check the camera settings and let you know , I will take a screen grab and show you but it looks the same as yours but I see you have got a day and night switch so me thinks this is how you adjusted the light level sensor .Many thanks for your feed back .

Cheers

Well I had a look at my menu and it does not seem to be the same as yours or maybe I am looking in the wrong place ?
My NVR is a HIKVision DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A 8 Channel IP NVR
I have done picture of what I have unless I am looking at the wrong menu ?

Cheers

Attachments

• Camera menu.jpg
    Camera menu.jpg
    854.6 KB · Views: 419
can you log directly into the camera using its ip address

you are looking at the nvr settings

directly into the camera gives you more settings as per brian robinson's picture

Not sure if I can log straight into the camera as I go via the NVR , I take it you are not using a hikvision NVR ? But have gone all over the camera settings via the NVR and cant find them I did email Hikvision asking them so there must be a way to adjust the light level via the NVR . Ok how would I connect to the camera without the NVR ? Would I just go to my browser and type in the IP address of the camera in the same way I would connect to my router or would I have to go via the Hikvision site ?

Thanks Phil I give it a go and see if I can navigate to the Virual host setting as once connected to the camera it looks straight forward .

Ok I am now into the Day / Night camera settings , What do I adjust so that the camera comes on just as its getting dark and not when its zero light .

Once the setting has been done do I need to click off Virtual Host ?

Attachments

• Camera page with Day .Night Switch settings.JPG
    Camera page with Day .Night Switch settings.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 453
I think if you set the sensitivity to a higher number it will switch when it is not so dark.

Click the contextual help icon at the top right of your screen and see what it says / recommends.

Virtual Host can/should be left on - it's such a useful feature that I don't know why it's not 'ON' by default.

Ok guys I set the sensitivity at 7 and it still will not switching into night mode the only way I can get night mode to work is to switch to scheduled-switch night vision on at 7pm and off at 06.00

It would seem I have open a can of worms here as all I can only see on Live view is just channel 2 and cant find the option to view all the other cameras ?

Attachments

• Scheduled - Switching.JPG
    Scheduled - Switching.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 800
I will have a look at my setting and see what there is, i had this prob and put it to schedule, then back again and also turned WDR on ;-)

Hi Phil / Mick Well the good news I got the Auto to work by lowering the lighting setting to 2 and that seems to switch over ok .

Now the bad new how do I get back into normal mode as it seems stuck on camera 2 the camera that I have been changing . Trying to get back into the main page were you can view all 8 channels .

At the moment I am on the config page looking at the Image page how do I get back to the camera view options page ?

The way i do it Brian is i just close the browser that shows the camera but leaves the main page open (where the live view is), then i have to re-log in to view all camera's, i must admit i'm not impressed with the web view option, lot of lag and camera's disappear, Phil put a link on the other day which i'm looking at IVMS.

Glad you got it sorted

Ok good news cameras all working on night vision just check tomorrow that there all off in day light mode but its set at 2 I did try 3 but it wont switch to night mode .

Just to clarify:
When you enable Virtual Host in your NVR it provides you with hyperlinks under the Connect column to click and directly access a camera directly connected to the NVR (POE powered) in a separate browser tab.
Each link that you click will open a browser tab for that camera.
One link / new tab / one camera.
Check the IP address in the browser address bar of the tab that you are using/viewing, you'll see it has a port set up ending something like :65002 enabling you to access it on the NVR's camera domain range.
To select a different camera to work with you need to return to the tab showing Camera Management from the NVR and click a new link, for that camera.

Hi Phil yes its all working now fine I got night vision to switch over when i set the level to 2 so all is well , While I am talking to you on my number 7 camera I keep keep getting a warning sign about every 2 minutes , I thought it was some thing to do with motion detection so I turned it off but still getting the sign in the bottom left hand corner . So how do I turn off this warning sign ?

Thanks again

Attachments

• warning sign.jpg
    warning sign.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 325
I don't know what is prompting that, can you check the camera's Log please?

Back