01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Reliability Issue with HikVision Intercom

Jert

I am having ongoing problems with a Hik Vision Intercom any guidance would be very welcome. We have a DS-KV8413 outdoor unit with 2.1.5 firmware, this is a replacement for an older unit that was also unreliable and 3 x DS - KH8300 indoor stations. This system was setup and working for about 1 week and now although we have some communication between the indoor and outdoor stations, for example can see the camera image and can unlock the gate from an indoor station, the buttons on the outdoor station are no longer working, when pressed they provide a could not connect error message. I have checked the settings and they look correct each indoor station has an ID and the outdoor station allocates one button to each of the indoor stations.

The system as a whole is nearly good, but we have had significant reliability issues since install, documentation is poor to average and support from Hik Vision is non existent so any support or guidance would be welcome.

Hi @Jert

We have not been hands-on with this particular intercom model but I can see you are running slightly old firmware, Hikvision recently released a substantial firmware update for the modular and villa door stations which completely changes the intercom software.

This firmware is v2.2.3 and as you will see from the release notes in adds many features but also as it does completely change the 'data structure' of the intercoms firmware/software it does require the device to be hard reset during the update process.

Also, if you take a look at this walkthrough video you will see that the firmware also changes the way the intercom is set up and managed so it is worth taking a look at this to make sure you are setting up correctly after the firmware update.

Also, use iVMS-4200 to make sure the indoor stations are running the latest firmware - v2.1.10_Build 201221

Upvote 0
I am having ongoing problems with a Hik Vision Intercom any guidance would be very welcome. We have a DS-KV8413 outdoor unit with 2.1.5 firmware, this is a replacement for an older unit that was also unreliable and 3 x DS - KH8300 indoor stations. This system was setup and working for about 1 week and now although we have some communication between the indoor and outdoor stations, for example can see the camera image and can unlock the gate from an indoor station, the buttons on the outdoor station are no longer working, when pressed they provide a could not connect error message. I have checked the settings and they look correct each indoor station has an ID and the outdoor station allocates one button to each of the indoor stations.

The system as a whole is nearly good, but we have had significant reliability issues since install, documentation is poor to average and support from Hik Vision is non existent so any support or guidance would be welcome.
I have not installed this particular intercom but the modular ones I have are working fine. If a little laggy.
normally if there is an issue I reset the indoor station and it generally starts working again.
The new firmware I installed without taking a backup and it still worked although I wouldnt recommend it.
also make sure iVMS-4500 is up to date as there is a menu along the top that is not there in the previous revision.

Upvote 0
Back