01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Residential door camera with chime

I had thought the NO/NC contacts could be used to activate a mechanical chime but it appears these are tied to the door open function in the app. is there a way to run a mechanical chime?

It's quite easy technically but a bit of a faff with the wiring and connections if it's not familiar to you. I would use the AcuSense DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL. It's on my list of things that I don't need but feel the need to do....On completion, pressing a standard door bell push would:
  • sound the chime as a normal doorbell - nothing fancy there
  • simultaneously trigger an alarm input on the camera, resulting in a push notification to your mobile via Hik-Connect
  • the camera specified can be used for two way communication via Hik-Connect when the input is received if you're not home
  • the Hik-Connect notifications list shows you thumbnails of every time the doorbell was pressed for quick review of who's been to the door while you were out. Those events could also be easily reviewed on the NVR
The bell push would be used to switch a 12V DC supply to energise the coil of a double pole relay. One pair of the relay contacts would be used to trigger the chime, while the other would be connected between the cameras alarm input and ground. If there was already a standard wired bell push and chime in place that could be used.

The benefit of doing it this way is that you don't need an additional intercom/doorbell camera or monitor - just a camera that is close to and has a good view of the door. I already have that camera by my door but I reckon I could set the above up on an existing wired doorbell spending no more than £20. When I get around to completing it I'll post on this site.
Hi

I own a Hikvision DS-KV6113-WPE and I wired it to my indoor chime. But when I push on the Doorbell, there is no sound from the chime. I read it needs a relay. Can you be more specific about it please ? Thanks

I had thought the NO/NC contacts could be used to activate a mechanical chime but it appears these are tied to the door open function in the app. is there a way to run a mechanical chime?
hi - did you find a solution for this problem ? thanks

The Relay Output of the Door Station is just that "an output", actioned via a command from the Mobile App or PC Software. I do not believe there is an option to configure the Door Station Relay to activate when the Call Button is Pushed. However, when connected to, an Indoor Station also has 2x Relay Outputs that can be configured to "follow an incoming call". Therefore, this could activate a hardwired chime of sorts.

FYI - most doorbell chimes activate via a momentary push of a button, so this may not be of any relevance, but be aware the "ON" timing of Indoor Station Relay Outputs are configurable & will not cancel the relay when the call is answered. so for example, if you configure the Relay to action for 30 seconds & you answer the incoming call in 10 seconds, the chime will remain active for another 20 seconds

Back