01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Single Hikvision NVR Camera not appearing in Hik-Connect App

Meritalist

Hi All,

I have recently installed a HikVision NVR (D7608NI-K2) with a couple of cameras (DS2CD2355). Everything worked perfectly and both feeds appeared inside the HikVision app for remote viewing. However, one of the feeds has stopped appearing in the app - this happened when the router was switched off and then came back up. The camera-port does not appear at all in the app (even offline). The other feed is working fine.
Logging into the NVR itself using the local web page, I can see both feeds recording as normal. If I move the camera to another port on the back, then the picture comes through OK to the app again (on a different camera-port obviously).
It looks like the NVR is not reporting that it has this camera-port to the hik-vision P2P service (only 7 "slots" appear in the app not 8) but the camera is working perfectly and is recording fine on the NVR.

Anyone come across this issue before or have any ideas on how to fix? For now I am just using a different port but would like to know the cause.
Many Thanks for any info.

I assume from the above that both cameras are directly connected to camera/POE ports on the back of the NVR.
In which case it's very odd that you should 'lose' one after a router reboot.
Both would be on a sub network managed by the NVR - it will look after the cameras and their addresses.
As long as you can see the NVR, you should be able to see both cameras.

Hi Phil,

Correct - both cameras are connected directly to the PoE ports (4 and 6 in this case). However port 6 has completely disappeared in the app (not even mentioned as offline). But in the NVR its displaying and recording absolutely fine. Port 4 is working in the NVR and the app with no problems. Wondering if I might need to "disconnect" the NVR from the Hik-Vision service and reconnect again and see if it spurs it into life. I'm wondering if there's some setting on the Hik-Connect web portal thats been set that needs overwriting to pass the feed through.

Changing the camera from port 6 to one of the other ports displays the feed with no problems in the app - switching it back makes no difference.

Cheers.

Hikvision has fixed many issues I've had with recent firmware updates, several with Hik-Connect. D7608NI-K2 and DS2CD2355's firmware up-to-date? Worth a try.

I don't know if you have tried simply restarting the NVR - I have seen that correct oddities like this before.

As @StewartM says it is worth updating to the latest firmware version (V3.4.101) available here:
HIKVISION UK PORTAL

Your camera(s) are from their G1 Family, the latest firmware for those can be downloaded here:
Latest HikVision Firmware for EasyIP 3.0 Cameras - new V5.5.82 (G1 Series cameras)

Our guide to updating firmware is here:
How to update HikVision Firmware in just nine simple steps - updated 30th October 2018

Thanks Stewart/Phil.
Yes I am running 3.4.100 so I might try that update to .101
Thanks for the links to current firmware and the guide to directly access the cameras on the NVRs internel network - that will be *very* useful!!
Cheers.

Would be interested to hear if you've solved the problem as I am suffering exactly the same thing! i.e. I have the NVR and 3 cameras running. All though PoE. All work fine on the NVR and are recording etc. I set up hik-connect app and, at first, everything was fine for 10minutes. Then the app lost the feed from two of the three cameras! I've no idea why and can't find a solution other than updating firmware which I am heading home to do now having just downloaded them from HIK. I'm also going to change routers as I'm not convinced my ASUS is doing a good job! Will start with firmware first though.

Any updates from your end would be most helpful!!

Attachments

• IMG_5393.jpg
    IMG_5393.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 2,211
Hi Phil,

Well... It appears to be a mixture of oddities. In short, yes, I think I've fixed it... After much messing around.
It started to unravel as follows: If my phone WASN'T connected to the same LAN as the NVR, the two cameras were offline. I then removed the NVR completely off the app and connected the phone to the LAN. Then added the NVR device again and all the cameras came online. I then disconnected my phone from the LAN to check remotely and they continued to work for about 10mins, then the two cameras went offline again. Even connecting the phone back onto the LAN again, they still remained offline.

So I tried updating the firmware of the cameras but it kept on saying failed. I'm still not sure why but I'll come to this at the end.
Anyway, I then updated the firmware on the router, followed by updating the firmware of the NVR which all updated fine as per your youtube video on how to do it from a PC. This obviously made the NVR reboot. I then fired up the app again, deleted the NVR off the app and added it again (whilst not connected to the LAN). Same problem happened - two cameras offline. However, I then connected the phone to the LAN and repeated the remove/add NVR and all the cameras came online! Holding my breath, I then disconnected the phone from the LAN and checked the cameras again. All are still online and have remained online and appear to remain stable (It's been over 48hrs now). So I think I've solved it. i.e. as long as the app is connected to the same LAN as the NVR in the first instance then all the cameras work. So much so that to check, I got another phone and added the same account to that whilst NOT connected to the same LAN as the NVR, and that all works fine too. It's the initial adding of the device to the account that needs to be done whilst connected to the LAN.

One thing that I'm still worried about is whether or not the two cameras that didn't work originally (and the same cameras which I couldn't update the firmware on) are chinese versions rather than EU versions?! I accept that I didn't purchase them from you (when I should have done) but the company who I did buy them from was an approved HIK wholesaler according to HIK. But I just happened to download the "camera parameters" XML file from the NVR and it lists three devices with "Chinese, 2" and "English,1" listed as languages. Not sure if that means anything?! If it does mean I've been sent bad cameras, I need to raise this with the company I purchased them off pretty sharpish!

Thanks Phil. I did see that post the other day actually and, looking at my camera boxes, there's no sign of any Chinese writing etc. I've downloaded the SADP tool and will check tonight when I get home...

Hi,

Update: I installed the SADP tool and the only thing that comes up on the list is the NVR itself. None of the cameras. Any ideas?

SADP does not show cameras that are directly connected to your NVR.
You can see those in the Camera Management section of Configuration.
Also, you may wish to enable Hikvision's Virtual Host feature on your NVR (which then allows you to directly access the cameras in their own browser tabs).

Have you tried shutting down and restarting the NVR? (to resolve the original problem of cameras not showing in the App)
Link new cameras to Hik-Connect?

Also, just FYI, we are expecting a Hik-Connect App update soon:
Hik-Connect App Release Notes

Hi All - I had this problem not seeing feeds on my mobile device.
After playing around with everything suggested on the internet and found no fix (switching ethernet cables on the NVR, rebooting the NVR, etc....)... Even calling up HikVision (totally unhelpful), I decided to take matters into my own hands and played with every single setting there....
The fix that worked is by going into the Hik-Connect app (Android users). Go to Settings | Click on Linked Cameras | click on the eye icon to open or hide the channel.
Close the App
Restart the App
Hey presto!!!!

Guys I was having the same problem - and followed coniye’s fix - opened app - linked cameras - clicked on eye icon - closed app - restarted the app - hey presto

Back