01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Stealth 2455 Cube

fullboogie

Expert
Trusted Member
Love my new 2455 cube, but it's white color really stands out in my entertainment center. I wanted it to blend in with the rest of the components so I took it apart, painted it satin black, and it looks great. It's a super easy job. I used adhesion promoter and satin black for plastics.

Original look:
jbfDpZa.jpg

Pop the IR cover off and undo this screw:
eewvvNK.jpg

Small flat blade screwdriver here and the two halves will separate:
VjJyGj5.jpg

Undo the two speaker screws on the back cover; the two screws at 10 and 4 and the top circuit board will separate from the lower board; the two mic screws at 2 (you can see one - the other is revealed when the top board is removed); and there are four screws holding the lower board on (you can see two screws at 6). Then it's time to paint.

19o3Cxs.jpg

Finished product:
OFBlOsY.jpg

In the entertainment center:

RNoHddN.jpg

You might think the angle would be bad because it's too low, but: (1) from this corner the cam gets everything on my first floor; and (2) I had to compromise with the wifey, who put up a fuss about having it too visible. It really does provide a fine picture and I can see faces and details much better than I thought I would (below is just a cell phone capture of live video - the image on the NVR is much better).

Yeah I know the paint job looks a little odd, but the plastic paint I used has a slight texture.

OK, no more DIY threads for a while I promise.

GrgWdem.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing.
I'm sure the tips on painting your Hikvision camera will be of interest to quite a few people.
Please feel free to detail the actual paint products used.

Also, seeing the view achieved from that low position is very interesting.

Here are the products I used, except the paint was satin not gloss. Another reason for blacking out the camera that I failed to mention - and maybe this makes me a tad paranoid - is that I did not want to draw attention to the camera in the event of a break in. Maybe robbers don't look for cameras, but if they do, this one would stick out like a sore thumb and maybe they start looking for the NVR to rip it out of the closet.

mWwwlZm.jpg

gf5T3bc.jpg

Last edited:
Back