01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problems installing a DS-2CD63C5G0-IVS onto a DS-1281ZJ-DM25 mount?

rhughes

Hello,

This is a bit of a random one but I'm having some difficulty with installing my DS-2CD63C5G0-IVS onto a DS-1281ZJ-DM25 mount. This mount is one in which you have to fit screws into and then place the camera on top and then twist to lock into place. I'm having real trouble with getting this camera to mount into this mount, the screws are either too loose or too tight. I can't seem to get the screws to the torque required for a seal tight fit.

I have tried taking the thickness of the cameras backing to accommodate the height space of the screw heads... but doing this doesn't even allow me to twist the camera, it literally will not turn. If I loosen the screws ever so slightly and then try to mount the camera... the camera will mount but will be lose with a gap between the rubber seal.

I'm either doing something wrong or this requires a lot of time and patience to get right. The screws have blue paint on them and I assumed that this was an indicator to how far to screw in the screws... but doing this makes the gap between the rubber seal even worse!

I would greatly appreciate any tips/advise that anybody could give me on this one.

Cheers,
Richard

Hi @rhughes

We have never installed one of these cameras before, when we had seen images of the camera and junction we had just assumed it screwed straight down onto the box and didn't expect it to have this unusual rotating install method.

We have seen some Hikvision bracket installs that are bad but according to Hikvision are correct, but this does not sound right at all and I would recommend speaking to whoever you bought them from as this may be a faulty bracket and you may need to return the camera and bracket to them for testing.

Hi @rhughes

We have never installed one of these cameras before, when we had seen images of the camera and junction we had just assumed it screwed straight down onto the box and didn't expect it to have this unusual rotating install method.

We have seen some Hikvision bracket installs that are bad but according to Hikvision are correct, but this does not sound right at all and I would recommend speaking to whoever you bought them from as this may be a faulty bracket and you may need to return the camera and bracket to them for testing.
Hi Dan,

I managed to find a PDF with instructions on how to install this, I think it's a Use-IP guide as it has the logo on it. After mounting the mount onto the wall, you simply screw the three screws halfway into the mount and put the camera on top and twist. With the front cover removed from the camera (this is the part I missed), tighten the screws that were screwed in halfway (the screws which hold the camera body to the mount) and then re-install the camera's front cover then tighten the security screw.

Hopefully that info might help somebody else if they ever run into the same confusion as I did. I've attached the PDF that I found also.

Cheers,
Richard

Attachments

• 20ee7997be2317e615d693f9754a8de08bf1a1084985ad4435a6af54c12216a7.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 252
Reactions: Dan
Yes, that is correct.

I thought from your initial description this was what you were doing so I didn't share the install guide with you as I thought you were already following these instructions.

It's always confusing/tricky to explain the details of the installation process when your typing it out :D

Back