01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Stuck with a camera - SADP saying 'Timed out' or 'Device Rejected'

virdi

Hi all,

Need some help please!

I am kinda stuck :(

So I bought a used camera. Which looks like was used on a NVR before

I have plugged it into my POE Switch and I can see the camera in SADP.

The problem is that it's showing with a 192.168.254.3 address ...and I can't change it in SADP?

How do I tackle this please?

Obviously SADP wants a Password it I attempt any change ..and I don't know what the password is?

Thanks

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Does your camera have a physical reset button?
You don't mention the model number.

Hi,

I managed to get it going. So I pressed the reset button.

SADP then picked up with the 192.168.1.64 address. However, SADP then wanted me to set an 'Activation password'. However every time entered one, it came back with a 'error 2015'

I then managed to get it going by looking under Camera Management > Activation in the NVR and I ticked 'default activation password'?

So what did I miss please?

Camera is a: DS-2CD2163GO-is

Not sure what error 2015 means, Hikvision no longer provide us with a table of errors.

Allowing the NVR to pass its password to the cameras is the standard setup.

Good that you have resolved it.

Hi,

I managed to get it going. So I pressed the reset button.

SADP then picked up with the 192.168.1.64 address. However, SADP then wanted me to set an 'Activation password'. However every time entered one, it came back with a 'error 2015'

I then managed to get it going by looking under Camera Management > Activation in the NVR and I ticked 'default activation password'?

So what did I miss please?

Camera is a: DS-2CD2163GO-is
I cannot find the default activation password setting you are talking about. Can you please take a picture of it, it still keeps timing out for me and it keeps disappearing. I really need help.

in Windows OS is simple, if you can ping your camera ip address normally (exp. "ping 192.168.1.2 -t") and no timeout displayed just go and
Just run your SADP application with Administrator Privilleges,
Run With Administrator
just it

Back