01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to detect DS-2CD2345FWD-I on Synology Surveillance Station

rjmzoom

Hi,

I'm unable to use my 2CD2345 (Use-IP purchased) on my Synology Surveillance Station. When I try and add a new device I use the Quick set-up and search for my camera. My other HikVision cameras are found but my 2345 isn't. It isn't found in the ONVIF or Synology supported list. If I use the manual approach and add the camera using its IP address the Test connection fails.

I can access my 2345 via its webpage and I can ping it successfully. My camera is running V5.6.6 f/w. Camera works fine with the HikVision app.

My Synology is a DS414. SS version = 8.2.10-6468. Device pack is 5.8.5-3240.

Any ideas? This camera is supposed to be supported by Synology.

Cheers...

Hi @rjmzoom

How many cameras do you currently have connected to your Synology device?

Hi @Dan, just one, so I have one free license left. I did delete an old camera to free up a license. But the 2345 doesn't seem to appear on the network scan like my other HikVision camera. Network port settings seem similar between the two. I can't see any settings that would turn off the ONVIF support.

One thing I haven't managed to do is ping from my Synology to the camera - I don't see an app/tool to do that. I can ping from other devices on my network to the camera. And the HikVision app works too.

Cheers

If you want to connect Synology to that camera via ONVIF do you need an ONVIF user account on the camera?

Hi @Phil, I'd rather not connect as ONVIF as the camera is a supported one in the Synology camera pack.

When I try and add the new camera to Surveillance Station you can scan for cameras on the network. My 2345 is not seen in the supported or ONVIF section. Only my old camera is spotted. See below:

Synology_Scan1.jpg

SynologyScan2.jpg

Cheers...

Thanks for your help team. I've tried going down the manual route again and all now seems to be working.

Cheers...

Back