01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to wirelessly connect to DS-2CD2432F-IW

Satguru

Hi folks, I had my camera for well over a year and recently updated it to FW V5.4.0 build 160530. I was able to connect to it wirelessly, have notifications sent out through motion sensor functionality and accessed my camera through iVMS-4500 all this time. However, about 1 week ago I noticed I was no longer able to access my camera at all. No matter what I tried, I could not log into it or view it on iVMS-4500 app.

Without much options I decided to do a factory reset to see if that would help and it did and I was able to quickly get my access back to my camera although most of the config I had done was gone. This did not matter to me since I felt it was a good point to review the new FW and see if anything changed and whether or not it was secure as I could make it. As I have been reconfiguring my camera, I ran into an issue where I am not able to make it connect wirelessly. I have signed into my network through the config screens and double checked the settings and it should work but when I disconnect my Ethernet cable, I get nothing and not able to connect wirelessly. I am out of ideas so any help is really appreciated.

FYI...I need the wireless to work since this camera will be in a location with no hardwire setup.

Regards,

Sat

Maybe you will show us your settings?

I have the same camera here - i have updated to the newest firmware without any problem...

It is important to set two different IP adresses for LAN and WIFI. WIFI mode has to be set at "Manage", not "Adhoc".

Yes. I have them both different 110 for Lan 111 for WIFI see image.
LAN
upload_2016-11-4_19-52-30.png

WLAN
upload_2016-11-4_19-50-48.png

WIFI
upload_2016-11-4_19-56-2.png

Maybe you will show us your settings?

I have the same camera here - i have updated to the newest firmware without any problem...

Important to note, I did not immediately experience this after upgrading FW. For a few weeks, the camera was working fine. Then I unplugged it to move it to another location and that is when issue started.

I have exactly the same settings with one exception: on LAN, i have the IPv4 default gateway IP-adress within the corresponding field and in the field "DNS Server" also.

tried that and still not connecting wirelessly. I want to point out that the Link light in front of camera does not blink or do anything when I unplug the Ethernet plug. Not sure what is going on.

Do you know how to tell what the wireless mac address is? I can see the LAN one but the WLAN should have one as well but not sure how to see it?

Does that mean you have Ethernet and WLAN both active?

What happens if you disconnect Ethernet, power off and restart the camera with plugging in 12V?

My wireless connected camera does blinking the link led in front and the blue alarm led is on.

Well, I did another factory reset and that worked. Wireless connection is now working. Thanks for all the help. If all else fails, try another factory reset.

BTW do you know the answer about finding out the wireless mac address for camera?

Back