01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Use Laptop as Monitor and Keyboard?

Dav55

Hi

Is it possible to connect a Laptop to a NVR via HDMI to view and control the NVR settings?

Thanks

The HDMI connection on your laptop is an output i.e. you can connect a large screen TV to that port, but not the output from your NVR.

Normally, you would just connect a standard monitor (or TV) to the NVR's HDMI port (output) to view the settings etc.
You would navigate with a mouse, connected to one of the NVR's USB ports.
You would make text entries with the onscreen keyboard that the NVR will display on the monitor, selecting letters etc. via the mouse.

Thanks - I suspected that was the case.

I dont have a monitor to hand (will sort one) and was looking for a shortcut.

Hopefully my wireless bridge will be working soon and I can just connect via webpage.

Sharing solution in case anyone has similar problem.
I had an old BT Router Hub, so connected that to the NVR and connected my laptop wirelessly.
Obviously no internet but it created a nice LAN which enabled me to do what I wanted.

Hi,

We use the below TV cap card at times when there is no monitor to check hdmi output. It converts hdmi to usb and your image can be seen in the built in windows camera app. I would recommend this solution to be used for short time purpose only. However the usb from the nvr needs to be used for mouse/keyboard.

Link

Back