01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Using a Hikvision 7608NXI NVR and Dahua Camera together?

Basim

Hi

i Have Hikvision DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S NVR, I will buy a Dahua camera model:
IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED
Will the camera work on Hikvision NVR and benefit from the full features of NVR?
like recording 4k and 265 or 265+ and stream in high quality 4K, motion detection (basic *smart event,human car.. etc) It will work fine?

smart event feature is appears while watching playback, if you press smart event, there will be a red color on seekbar, which means that an event has been recorded.
see picture

IMG_20221002_013903_edit_77984574522996.jpg

Hi @Basim

Basic functionality should work fine (live view, recording, playback, etc...) but H.265+ will not be supported as this is a unique Hikvision smart CODEC which is only recognised by Hik cameras, you should be able to use H.265.

With the AcuSense NVR, you can apply the AcuSense features to any 3rd-party ONVIF camera, but you can only do this with 1 x 8MP camera because as you increase the number of non-AcuSense cameras the resolution has to be reduced, explained in more detail in this thread.

Upvote 0
Hi @Basim

Basic functionality should work fine (live view, recording, playback, etc...) but H.265+ will not be supported as this is a unique Hikvision smart CODEC which is only recognised by Hik cameras, you should be able to use H.265.

With the AcuSense NVR, you can apply the AcuSense features to any 3rd-party ONVIF camera, but you can only do this with 1 x 8MP camera because as you increase the number of non-AcuSense cameras the resolution has to be reduced, explained in more detail in this thread.
thank you so much
I think it is better to buy a Hikvision camera so that all the features work perfectly

What do you think of these two models and do you know the difference between them?
DS-2CD2T87G2-L(2.8mm)
DS-2CD2T87G2-LSU/SL(2.8mm)

Upvote 0
Hi @Basim

The 2T87G2-L(-LU) is a ColorVu & AcuSense camera

The 2T87G2-LSU/SL is a ColorVu & AcuSense camera with Live-Guard

The different features of AcuSense, ColorVu, and Live-Guard are explained in the below forum post:

Upvote 0
Hi @Basim

The 2T87G2-L(-LU) is a ColorVu & AcuSense camera

The 2T87G2-LSU/SL is a ColorVu & AcuSense camera with Live-Guard

The different features of AcuSense, ColorVu, and Live-Guard are explained in the below forum post:
I don't care if there is a speaker or a microphone, thank you, I will buy a model DS-2CD2T87G2-L(2.8mm)

Reactions: Dan
Upvote 0
@Dan
Last question, and I apologize
I am confused between 2.8 and 4 and these are pictures of my house on the nature and from the maps I will install 4 cameras in each corner, Approx 4-6 meters high .

I want it to cover the entire green area that I identified in the pictures.

I bought DS-2CD2683G2-IZS(2.8-12mm) camera that has a Lens from 2.8 mm to 12 mm, but the camera when zooming does not show the numbers 2.8 and 4 mm etc. and I could not determine the appropriate Lens.
Screenshot_20221003_185611_com.google.earth.png

Screenshot_20221003_190239.png

IMG_20221003_190650.jpg

IMG_20221003_190507.jpg

The four camera models that I will buy are DS-2CD2T87G2-

Upvote 0
Hi @Basim

I think probably a 4mm and a 2.8mm on each side of the building would be the way to go (so 2 of each), the 2.8mm will give you overall coverage but not great detail over longer distances, whereas the 4mm will give you better detail over distance but you will lose some coverage directly below the cameras mounting position.

We would recommend trying different positions and focal lengths out by using this online calculator which allows you to use a Google map image of your location to plan your FoV options (when you add a camera you can search specifically for the exact Hikvision model you want to use).

Upvote 0
Hi @Basim

I think probably a 4mm and a 2.8mm on each side of the building would be the way to go (so 2 of each), the 2.8mm will give you overall coverage but not great detail over longer distances, whereas the 4mm will give you better detail over distance but you will lose some coverage directly below the cameras mounting position.

We would recommend trying different positions and focal lengths out by using this online calculator which allows you to use a Google map image of your location to plan your FoV options (when you add a camera you can search specifically for the exact Hikvision model you want to use).
Thank you so much
This is what I concluded when I placed DS-2CD2T87G2-L(4mm) on my house on the map
Screenshot_20221005_044755.jpg

Is it accurate and will the camera 4mm coverage be the same picture?

But I don't understand what he means "Distance"، I was put it 21 meters.
Screenshot_20221005_052723.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi @Basim

I can understand your confusion over distance, the distance measurement is the distance between the camera and the furthest away object/area you want to capture.

What is key to understand is the different shaded areas of the cameras field of view, these areas represent the PPM (pixels per meter) and the level of detail you will achieve at different distances (darker blue is more detail / lighter blue is less detail). the below figures roughly explain the detail you will achieve in each of the 4 (or in your case 3) blue areas of the cameras FoV:

328ppm+ for facial recognition (dark blue / right in front of the camera)
164ppm to 327ppm for identification and LPR/ANPR
33ppm to 163ppm for people and vehicle detection (lightest blue section in your example / roughly 70-80ppm)
32ppm and lower for general coverage/visibility

So what this basically means is that at 21m from the camera you will be able to detect people & vehicles but not be able to make out precise details like number plates, items of clothing, or facial features. At about the halfway distance (10-12m) you can see the middle blue bar which means anything within that distance of the camera will be identifiable with greater ppm detail.

Upvote 0
Back