01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Virgin Port forwarding hub 3.0

Covdad

Hi

Followed a lot of YouTube videos to try and get my cameras set up but I'm doing something wrong.
I don't seem to have the same screens that the videos do.
Been in the router and set some things up and changed my ip address on my hard drive after pinging for an unused one
Default gateway matches one on DRV
Subnet mask matches
He also said change the port from 80 to 8080 but either way round doesn't do it
DVR in loft network cable is flashing and connected to hub

Got a link to any better videos?

I eventually want to get it back on my phone

Help please

Hi

Followed a lot of YouTube videos to try and get my cameras set up but I'm doing something wrong.
I don't seem to have the same screens that the videos do.
Been in the router and set some things up and changed my ip address on my hard drive after pinging for an unused one
Default gateway matches one on DRV
Subnet mask matches
He also said change the port from 80 to 8080 but either way round doesn't do it
DVR in loft network cable is flashing and connected to hub

Got a link to any better videos?

I eventually want to get it back on my phone

Help please
Hi covdad, what model numbers and firmware of camera / nvr/ dvr / router are you using?

David

Hi David

Model APOHDRTL-8BB
Build date 30/9/2013
Version 2.616.AD00
Serial number PA3GP05700689
I have never touched firmware so whatever was on it from new
Cameras Qvis no idea of numbers currently fastened to wall.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi David

Model APOHDRTL-8BB
Build date 30/9/2013
Version 2.616.AD00
Serial number PA3GP05700689
I have never touched firmware so whatever was on it from new
Cameras Qvis no idea of numbers currently fastened to wall.

Thanks
Morning Covdad,
Could you post a screenshot of your Virgin hub 3 port forwarding setup? If shown, edit out your public IP address.

Do you need a port forwarding rule for each camera or just one?

Have you setup your Dynamic DNS account (DDNS) or do you have a fixed public IP?

A camera model number would be handy, I'll check the specifications.

David

Do you need a port forwarding rule for each camera or just one? Just one I think

Have you setup your Dynamic DNS account (DDNS) or do you have a fixed public IP?
I went on canyouseeme.org so does that mean fixed?
I have no DDNS account

A camera model number would be handy, I'll check the specifications.
If I unscrew one on the ground floor will it have the info in?

2013 Qvis

Hope this helps

Attachments

• Port forwarding.jpg
    Port forwarding.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
Do you need a port forwarding rule for each camera or just one? Just one I think

Have you setup your Dynamic DNS account (DDNS) or do you have a fixed public IP? I went on canyouseeme.org so does that mean fixed? I have no DDNS account.

A camera model number would be handy, I'll check the specifications. If I unscrew one on the ground floor will it have the info in?

Hope this helps
The cameras and DVR are and always been working,
I just can't get them to be visible on my pc and later my phone again

The cameras and DVR are and always been working,
I just can't get them to be visible on my pc and later my phone again
on your pc/ smartphone, can you see live / playback video from the cameras / DVR on your local network?

I assume you need port forwarding to access your cameras remotely?

on your port forwarding image what are those rules for? Those ip addresses are not public so you can post them. You will have 1 public IP address on the WAN public side of your virgin router. Public ip addresses are usually not fixed and is why you need a DDNS account that keeps track of what your public IP address is.

Remote Access with Dynamic DNS - 100% DNS Uptime - No-IP offer free DDNS accounts.

how have you been testing your port forwarding rules?

on your pc/ smartphone, can you see live / playback video from the cameras / DVR on your local network?

I assume you need port forwarding to access your cameras remotely?

on your port forwarding image what are those rules for? Those ip addresses are not public so you can post them. You will have 1 public IP address on the WAN public side of your virgin router. Public ip addresses are usually not fixed and is why you need a DDNS account that keeps track of what your public IP address is.

Remote Access with Dynamic DNS - 100% DNS Uptime - No-IP offer free DDNS accounts.

how have you been testing your port forwarding rules?
I used to be able to see live pictures on my pc and iPhone.

I need port forwarding to access my cameras remotely

Port forwarding rules just exploded my brain (very small bang). I understood one guy on YouTube and then others confused me but I still messed with the router and did many things that I have deleted and started again.

I've gone away for the weekend now so my pc is not available

I did run/cmd/ipconfig found a ipaddress I could use for DVR using ping 192.168.0.118. Went into DVR and set this to match.
Submask never changed neither default gateway.

Set port 80 to 8080 as video instructed on DVR

Port forwarding the videos I watched were different to mine but mostly was happy with the work I did in it.

Went on canyouseeme.org and found ipaddress and searched it with success and the port 8080. Did a few others but some failed I think the 37777 and 38888 maybe confused on those.

Typed in top address bar 192.168.0.1.8080 and it loaded like it used to but with red circle and red line through it so I couldn't view cameras.

Since messing I cannot get this far now as I deleted some in my confusion.

I would like to learn how to do it as I lose the ipaddress after about 6 weeks and can't afford to pay some guy £45 each time to remotely set it.

It is also through a PoE switch but does that make any difference as the cameras coming off the DVR are coaxial.

Thanks

Steve

Last edited:
Hi Steve,
Hopefully this will make sense, read it a few times and change my example IP addresses and DDNS to yours. Make sure you can see live playback video on your local LAN first before trying remote access.

Don’t post your public IP address or DDNS URL on the forum.

Example setup. IP addresses and URL’s are all made up.
DVR LAN IP address 192.168.1.2
DVR http port number 80. Your DVR / cameras should also be the default of 80, best to check.
Virgin router public ip address 23.45.67.89
DDNS ddnsname.freeddns.com your ddns account must be synchronised with your virgin router public IP address. to do this you’ll probably have to install an app.

To access the NVR web GUI via laptop connected to your local network using Microsoft edge / internet explorer / chrome URL is http://192.168.1.2
smartphone connected to mobile phone network wifi off. Use smartphone web browser app.
Using public IP http://23.45.67.89:80 note the colon
using your DDNS account http://ddnsname.freeddns.com:80 note the colon.

On your Virgin router change these port forwarding rules
disable the rules with port numbers 2000-2000, 8080-8080, 37777-37778

keep enabled rule
external port numbers 80-80, 80-80 protocol tcp/udp
internal port numbers 80-80 80-80 protocol tcp/udp

Did you make any changes to the router firewall?

WOW thanks David

Can’t wait to try this

Don’t think I changed the router firewall. I didn’t physically go into it if that helps.

WOW thanks David

Can’t wait to try this

Don’t think I changed the router firewall. I didn’t physically go into it if that helps.
some times firewalls need to be tweaked, we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

When you have remote access we'll change the port forwarding rule external port number, that'll make it more secure.

As you are opening external ports on your router make sure your router, DVR and cameras use strong passwords. Also keep your security / anti virus apps updated.

some times firewalls need to be tweaked, we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

When you have remote access we'll change the port forwarding rule external port number, that'll make it more secure.

As you are opening external ports on your router make sure your router, DVR and cameras use strong passwords. Also keep your security / anti virus apps updated.
Hi

Failed already

I thought this number would be the router IP address but as you can see it doesn't allow it.

Should it be my DVR then which is going to be 118 ?

Attachments

• Virgin Port Forwarding.jpg
    Virgin Port Forwarding.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 199
Done IPV4 address now. Opened port 80 but pinged and set DVR and router to 118.

Canyouseeme.org can't find me

Anything on attached that mat be relevant?

Attachments

• CCTV DVR screenie.jpg
    CCTV DVR screenie.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 165
Done IPV4 address now. Opened port 80 but pinged and set DVR and router to 118.

Canyouseeme.org can't find me

Anything on attached that mat be relevant?

HI Steve,
your cctv dvr screenie image does not look right.

The IP address looks like your router IP address and the gateway IP could be your DVR IP address.

if your DVR IP address is 192.168.0.118 that should go in the IP address field, usually that IP address is assigned automatically by your router using dhcp.

If your router address is 192.168.0.1 then that is the gateway IP address.

Where did the TCP and UDP port numbers come from?

Thanks again David

I have swapped those around now as instructed (see screenie) and rebooted DVR just in case and it still matches.

Where did the TCP and UDP port numbers come from?

I have had these numbers either from when it was installed in 2013ish or pre COVID when a Guy remotely took over PC to get it all working again.

Is 192.168.0.16 relevant in any DVR or router settings?

I tried 192.168.0.16:80 (if correct + others 118 and 16 ) but the 80 in the address bar shows faint and the site cannot be reached. (see below also).

Canyouseeme.org still can't see port 80

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 199
  • Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 219
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 199
  • IP faint 80.jpg
    IP faint 80.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Is 192.168.0.16 relevant in any DVR or router settings?
From the command prompt (black screen) screenie your computer has an ip address of 192.168.0.16 and your router port forwarding is forwarding to your computer.
The DVR (blue screen) network screenie has not changed, is it the right picture?

If your DVR's IP address is 192.168.0.118 then change the port forwarding rule IP to that.

I tried 192.168.0.16:80 (if correct + others 118 and 16 ) but the 80 in the address bar shows faint and the site cannot be reached.
192.168.0.16 is your computer, the last image shows 192.168.0.1:80 which is your router, I think.
when using port numbers in the browser address bar use the full url... http://192.168.0.1:80

Sorry David. It was the wrong picture now updated

See the port forwarding pic.

Hopefully I have get rid of 192.168.0.16 and then the 192.168.0.118 one will work if not it looks like it will not allow both

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 178
  • Port 80.jpg
    Port 80.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 239
Well you're getting there !!!!

How do I get rid of red lines through cameras?

SORTED NEARLY

Now to get it on my phone FGS........................................

Attachments

• CCTV WEB SERVICE.jpg
    CCTV WEB SERVICE.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 147
  • CCTV working.jpg
    CCTV working.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
How do I get rid of red lines through cameras?
Look at the cctv web service network settings, make sure its connecting to your DVR. post a pic if you want

Is the remote access working?

Thanks David

All sorted really appreciate the help you gave me thanks so much.

Got it on my iPhone and my wife's too.

Back