01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Wrong firmware for my camera installed?

JDFx17

Hi all.

I have a few DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL cameras that have been working great. I have noticed one being a bit glitchy on playback - jumping forward, screen glitching etc.
I have taken a look at the firmware and it looks to have the wrong one. It has V5.7.10 build 220720 which looks to be for G5 cameras.

I have tried to install V5.5.801 build 211105 but it just says upgrading failed. I have also tried back to 5.5.134 build200430 but same result.

Any advice on what to try?

Thanks

Hi all.

I have a few DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL cameras that have bee working great. I have noticed one being a bit glitchy on playback - jumping foward, screen glitching etc.
I have taken a look at the firmware and it looks to have the wrong one. It has V5.7.10 build 220720 which looks to be for G5 cameras.

I have tried to install V5.5.801 build 211105 but it just says upgarding failed. I have also tried back to 5.5.134 build200430 but same result.

Any advice on what to try?

Thanks
First confirm what platform firmware the camera should be using. Just look at the bottom of the page where it says 'Firmware Version Property' and it'll tell you whether it's a G3 or G5 model. I'm fairly sure if you try to put G3 firmware on a G5 or vice versa it'll fail so it's reasonably unlikely that you've done that. Even if all of your cameras were installed at the same time, it's feasible you got a mix of G3 and G5 models as suppliers will have had both on the shelves for a time.

A few questions:

1) What country/region are you in as that can affect what firmware version/download you need and where to download from.

2) How are you attempting to upgrade your camera firmware? Via the camera web interface or via SADP tool or some other method? I have many HikVision cameras and some I have to use the SADP tool to update firmware, other methods just won't work for whatever reason, so if you are not using SADP tool I suggest you try that.

3) What is the "Firmware Type" of your cameras? You say one of your firmwares seems to be for G5 cameras but don't say what you think it should be.

For info, in the UK I have DS-2CD2386G2-I (G3) running V5.5.801 211105 and DS-2CD2386G2-IU (G5) running V5.7.10 220720

First confirm what platform firmware the camera should be using. Just look at the bottom of the page where it says 'Firmware Version Property' and it'll tell you whether it's a G3 or G5 model. I'm fairly sure if you try to put G3 firmware on a G5 or vice versa it'll fail so it's reasonably unlikely that you've done that. Even if all of your cameras were installed at the same time, it's feasible you got a mix of G3 and G5 models as suppliers will have had both on the shelves for a time.
Ah.

Just looked and the one i am having issues says B-R-G5-0 where as one of my others says B-R-G3-0.

I bought these all at the same time and assumed they were all G3. Just noticed this now as i have been having these issues and jumped to the conclusion the wrong firmware had somehow got installed at some stage. I will try upgrading the G5 firmware and check if the issues persist. If they do, then I may have another issue. Thanks

Back