01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Broadband speed required for remote viewing via Hik-Connect?

oil

Hi

I'm hoping to get the Hikvision ColorVu 4mp NVR set with 5x cameras at a new address, I remember that some CCTV systems require static IP's so I was wondering if this is a requirement for Hikvision too?

Also, what would be the ideal internet speed for remote viewing on the Hik-Connect app? I didn't want to get a lower broadband speed if it means that the remote viewing/playback may keep lagging.

If you use Hikvision's Hik-Connect service then you will not need a static IP address.

It is the uplink speed that is critical for remote viewing; how quickly/well your system can upload video to the internet for you to view remotely.

An uplink speed above 1 or 2 Mbps should be fine.

Thank you! The broadband which I was looking at had a higher upload speed than that so it should be fine.

I guess static IP's is only mostly required for the web CCTV's which are plugged in to the socket and run from wifi.

A static internet IP address is helpful for finding your site/system on the world wide web (you know what IP address to find your router at and login).

With Hik-Connect, you can consider it as if your system is telling the Hik-Connect servers its current address / where it can be found. If its world wide web IP address changes, it tells the servers that it has moved address, and can be found at whatever the new IP address now is.

Reactions: oil
Back