01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera Setup and recommendations for new house?

lallan

Dear team,

I want to get a IP CCTV setup for me new detached house. It is Corner plot in a compound with 102 houses. What camera setup would you recommend 3 or 4. Also what type on cameras should I go with. My preference is for Hikvision cameras but confused with how many MP (4 or 6 or 8). Colorvu or Darkfighter

Regards,

Hi @lallan

Our go-to recommendation for residential installs is Hikvision and for most standard detached houses, 3-5 cameras should be enough (but we would need more details of the property and areas that need to be covered to be more precise).

We would probably recommend the DS-2CD2346G2-IU 4MP AcuSense Turret camera or the DS-2CD2386G2-IU 8MP AcuSense Turret camera, the 4MP is best suited for covering smaller areas (15m x 15m or less) and the 8MP will give you better detail over longer distances.

If you have some ambient light in the areas around your house (e.g. street lights, security lights, etc...) then you can also consider the ColorVu cameras which can achieve a colour image at night, usually using their built-in white LED floodlight but if there is enough ambient light in the scene this built-in light can be disabled.

If you want to look at ColorVu models we would recommend either the DS-2CD2347G2-LU 4MP ColorVu Turret or the DS-2CD2387G2-LU 8MP ColorVu Turret

One final camera option to consider is the latest Hybrid Light cameras, which combine both IR and White light LEDs to allow the camera to switch from IR mode to Colour mode based on smart event triggers (see more details about these cameras HERE and see some customer feedback on the Hybrid Light cameras HERE).

You will also need to connect these cameras to an NVR, we would recommend the DS-7608NI-M2/8P 8-channel NVR

Back