01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can I connect Milesight's 5MP mini bullet ptz directly to my Hikvision DS7608 K2/8P NVR?

Mel_w

Hi i have bought a hikvision ds7608 k2/8p nvr
And a 5 mp milesight mini bullet
Can i power the camera from the NVR ethernet
Or do i have to supply power with it having ptz function
Regards
Mel

Hi @Mel_w

If you are connecting a 3rd-party camera to a Hikvision NVR it is possible to do this directly but when you directly connect the camera is added to the NVR subnet and is no longer accessible from the local network and this can cause problems when it comes to accessing the unique camera-specific features of the Milesight camera.

To have full control of a 3rd-party camera we usually recommend connecting it to your local network with a PoE Injector or switch and then add it to the NVR using its local network IP address. As it would appear you have a Milesight PTZ model (which I assume is a 5D61 PTZ Bullet) then it is important that you connect it to a PoE injector or switch that provides PoE+ as standard PoE only goes up to 15.4W and this Milesight bullet has a max. power usage of 20W, the injector we would recommend is the Tenda PoE30G-AT 30W Gigabit PoE+ Injector

thanks for your fast reply when I receive them then I will connect as you recommend
Regards
Mel

Reactions: Dan
Back