01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can i get full screen monitoring to change output and display on TV?

ams_Sxi

I have my NVR connected directly to my TV via HDMI2 output.

I normally watch things via firestick on HDMI1 output on my tv, I want to be able to automatically switch to HDMI2 NVR output when an event is triggered.

I have turned on full screen monitoring but i am not sure how i can get the tv to auto change to the NVR output.

Hi @ams_Sxi

As far as we are aware, there is no setting in the NVR software to allow it to take control of the TV and switch the HDMI outputs on event notification.

This is probably something only achievable by creating some kind of custom code, but I know some other forum users have played around a bit with Fire Sticks and might be able to suggest other solutions/workarounds.

Hi @ams_Sxi

As far as we are aware, there is no setting in the NVR software to allow it to take control of the TV and switch the HDMI outputs on event notification.

This is probably something only achievable by creating some kind of custom code, but I know some other forum users have played around a bit with Fire Sticks and might be able to suggest other solutions/workarounds.
It was relatively easy in the 1990's when we had SCART connectors and could just switch pin 8 to ground to switch to the AV connection of the TV lol

You'd probably need a HDMI switcher that would accept a trigger. Both the Firestick and NVR would connect to the switcher inputs, with the output going to the TV. The trigger would come from the NVR output (that output being linked in alarm trigger actions).

Edit: I can't actually find any such device as above (no doubt there's a pro version somewhere at an exorbitant price). There are plenty of 2 in 1 out manual switchers on Amazon for under a tenner. For that price I'd happily just open one up, and solder a wire pair across the switch button for connection to the NVR alarm output.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
Back