01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

EZVIZ C3X double-vision when using night vision?

Wolvyreen

Hello All

I really need advice here.

We have been using this camera now for only 5 days.

We have reset the camera multiple times and powered it off and on multiple times, reconfigured it multiple times. Upgraded the firmware and set every setting we can think of.

Nothing takes away ghosting effect when the camera is functioning in night vision mode.

When it's running in daytime or at night with a nearby light source there is no issues but shows ghosting when it is running in night vision mode.

Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have any suggestions for me?

See screenshots for examples:

DAYTIME
IMG_20230706_201445-1.jpg

NIGHT TIME WITH NEARBY LIGHT SOURCE

IMG_20230706_201353-1.jpg

NIGHT TIME WITH NEARBY LIGHT SOURCE SWITCHED OFF

IMG_20230706_201432-1.jpg

Hi @Wolvyreen

That is unusual, it might be an exposure/motion blur issue.

We are not that familiar with EZVIZ camera settings, when you are logged in with a browser do you have access to any image/exposure settings? If you can see these settings can you please share a screenshot of the current image/exposure settings?

Upvote 0
I'd start by turning off WDR (Wide Dynamic Range), if you can find that in the camera settings. WDR combines a long and short exposure in order to prevent overexposure in bright scenes and under exposure in dark scenes. However it can also cause unwanted image artefacts such as those you're seeing - blurring and whites looking grey. Try turning it off completely and see if it makes a difference. If that fixes it but you need to brighten the shadow areas a bit - try lowering the contrast level a bit. The camera is not one I'm familiar with, so I'm not sure what adjustments are available to you.

Reactions: Dan
Upvote 0
It's a complex wee camera using two lenses to merge monochrome & colour info!

EZVIZ C3X - Dual-lens Wi-Fi camera with built-in AI

The first dual-lens seen on a security camera.
In the dual-2 MP camera setup, vivid color imaging is accomplished using two lenses – one lens records the ambient brightness and the other captures color information. Then the two images are merged using EZVIZ’s own proprietary algorithm to create an image that is rich in details and realistic color.

Upvote 0
It's a complex wee camera using two lenses to merge monochrome & colour info!

EZVIZ C3X - Dual-lens Wi-Fi camera with built-in AI
I think this one might have a lazy eye then - one looking at you, one looking for you! The image with the lights on may be using Colour only as the ambient light is sufficient, whereas the image with the lights off may be using both modules.

Upvote 0
Back