01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Getting HikConnect notifications from 18 days in the future!

fullboogie

Expert
Trusted Member
I'm having a very strange problem with HikConnect. First, I am no longer getting any notifications. Second, I have a couple dozen notifications from 18 days in the future, all at exactly the same time of day, on Saturday, November 28th! I cannot delete them. I've deleted the app and reloaded, downgraded through 3 other versions, and it's the same problems - no current notifications, and dozens of notifications from November 28th. NVR logs show current notifications are being logged, but no push notifications at all. See pic below. Any ideas???

ZWe0tyi.jpg

Ok, further investigation and this is even weirder - all notifications are being stored as November 28th, 2020 at 1:50 p.m. without exception. I cannot delete them in bulk or individually. Time and DST settings in the NVR are correct, and events in the NVR logs are being stored as the proper time/date. I still have no notifications in the app, I only see them if I open the app and click on notifications. WTH is going on? @Phil @Dan any ideas?

NVR is on 4.40.016 build 200803 (I-series)

HikConnect is on the version 4.9.1.1020, but it happens on all versions of the app.

Last edited:
I have the exact same issue, the exact date and time as well with the sudden stop of notifications

Sorry my time is stuck on nov 28th as well at 1750 however, I wonder if it was caused by some update?

Sorry I just checked and your right on the time as well. Mine says every encounter is 1:50

Hi @Mikehik @fullboogie

This is a strange issue, we don't have it on our office demo phone which is running a slightly older version of Hik-Connect. I think the issue has likely been caused by a change made in the v4.9.1 update which was launched yesterday. I will share this with Hikvision support and see what they say.

UPDATE - Spoken to Hikvision Support and they have suggested that this issue will likely be resolved by the Hik-Connect v4.10 update which should be released later this week.

Thanks for the update Dan. Last night's notifications are now all dated Sunday the 29th and can't be deleted.

I doubt it's the app - the same problem is there when I downgrade to prior versions of HikConnect.

Hi @fullboogie

Which prior versions of Hik-Connect have you tried? We have just updated our 7716NI-I4 NVR to v4.40.016 and are still running v4.8.1 of Hik-Connect and we don't see this issue.

What brand of mobile device are you using? Is it a Samsung device? We have seen several recent issues relating to Hik-Connect where the linking factor was that they all used Samsung devices.

I tried three versions between 4.3.0 and the new version from yesterday. I have a Samsung S9 - never had an issue with Hikconnect prior to yesterday.

Dan, where are the alert notifications stored? On the phone, the NVR, or the cloud? I cannot delete or remove any of the notifications at all. If I downgrade to an older Hikconnect app, the same notifications immediately pop back up.

ok, yeah I think this is another issue that is only affecting Samsung users because it is working fine on our non-Samsung Android device, if you look at the below threads from our forum you will see other Samsung users first reporting issues earlier this week:

They are obviously different technical issues to yours, but both users have Samsung S9 devices and have seen their issues appear very recently.

When you go to the Notification page you should see a pencil icon at the top right of the notification list which should take you to a page where you can select one, multiple, or all the notifications and delete them, we tested deleting one notification and it worked fine on our device.

Sure, I'm aware of the pencil icon and how to delete all or delete one at a time by pressing and holding that individual alert. As soon as they are deleted they immediately reappear. So I now have dozens of alerts dated November 28th that cannot be deleted, and now several from last night dated November 29th that cannot be deleted.

The NVR, of course, shows no alerts or events on those dates. If I try to play the video from any of these alerts it says "failed." So strange. There have been no firmware updates to my phone in months so I don't see how the phone is at fault, but who knows.

Can you upload your HikConnect version 4.8.1 so we can try it please?

Hate to say it Dan, but this new version did nothing to cure the problem. I still have dozens of events from weeks into the future that I cannot delete. They follow the upgrades and downgrades of Hikconnect, so they are either still stored on the phone or they are on the NVR. Do you know which, or can you find out from Hikvision?

Hi @fullboogie

Ok, that is strange as we still don't see the issue on any version of Hik-Connect we run on our Android device.

I realised that there one thing you had confirmed above, what camera models do you have?

Are they all showing the same issue or just one particular camera/model showing this issue?

Also, I noticed in you above comments you said the NVR time settings were correct but you did not mention the cameras, have you accessed the cameras directly and confirmed the camera time settings are correct? Sometimes all sorts of weird glitches can appear if the camera and NVRs date & time are out of sync.

I have eight 2355's, and alerts from all/any of them are causing this. I will look into the time/date issue on each camera and report back.

I deleted HikConnect from my phone and, using an app called Ghost Commander, deleted all files and folders associated with the app that were left over. I reloaded the brand new HikConnect and immediately the alerts from November 28th and 29th reloaded onto my phone and are impossible to delete.

I think this is a problem on Hikvision's end to be honest. Otherwise where can all these alerts be coming from and where are they stored? When my NVR sends an alert and video clip/snapshot of the event to my phone, where is that stored - on the phone or on the NVR? I'm trying to find them and delete them so as to possibly cure the issue.

UPDATE: I verified correct time/date in all 8 cameras. Just for kicks I also enabled NTP and DST, although I don't think that'll do anything because the cams pull that information from the NVR.

One more thing - any new alerts are able to be deleted. There's just this batch of a couple dozen from a few days ago that were labeled November 28th and 29th that will not go away. So if I do a batch delete, new ones (from today for example) will be deleted. The ones labeled 28th and 29th are persistent and keep reappearing. In fact, if I "pull up" on the screen to load more, it just keeps loading the same batch of alerts over and over again so that there are hundreds of them.

Last edited:
I would just like to say that has resolved for me on its own. I updated my ios on the iPhone to the most recent. Not sure if that was the cause but the next day it went back to Normal

Today I de-registered my NVR from the online HikConnect service, deleted the app on my phone, and cleaned all remnants of the app off the phone as well. After re-registering my NVR and reloading the app, the dozens of notifications appeared instantly again. @Dan @Phil any idea where these notifications are stored?

Follow up: I'm convinced this is a HikConnect online problem. I formatted the hard drives on my NVR and rebooted. I again deleted the HikConnect app and all remaining files from my phone. Then I rolled back to HikConnect version 4.7.2 and as soon as I logged in, here come the dozens of notifications from November 28th and 29th that can't be deleted.

Dan and Phil, check me on this - if I've wiped my NVR's hard drives and all remnants of the HikConnect from my phone, and I still get these notifications, the only place they can be coming from is the HikConnect online server, correct?

Last edited:
Yesterday the November 28th notifications mysteriously disappeared, and today the 29th ones disappeared. No idea why, and I have not updated the app yet.

Back