01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P not displaying the clips in Hikconnect since latest update?

CCTVGUY99

Ok so our DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P has stopped sending clips to Hik-connect since upgrading to V4.72.107 build 220914 no settings have changed, notify surveillence center is ticked and the schedule is the same but it simply does not send out the small activation clips you see under the live view screen in hik connect anymore.

To shorten the daft questions:

Yes notify surveillence center is ticked.

Yes schedule is correct.

Yes enable intrusion detecion is ticked.

Yes my detection area is the same.

Yes if i enable motion under basic you get the clips.

Yes i am sure it is trigering as the logs show an intrusion event when i walk test and send email sends an elert to my email if turned on.

Yes i have dialed directly into the cameras anc checked the settings are correct there too.

The cameras are the G3 version of the DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL's on the latest V5.5.801 build 211105 firmware.

Has anyone else come across this? its on a remote site so i really do not want to default the unit and start again as its in scotland at the moment 5 hrs from me and will be a pain in the ass.

If anyone has any ideas how to resolve thisi would welcome them.

Ok so our DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P has stopped sending clips to Hik-connect since upgrading to V4.72.107 build 220914 no settings have changed, notify surveillence center is ticked and the schedule is the same but it simply does not send out the small activation clips you see under the live view screen in hik connect anymore.

To shorten the daft questions:

Yes notify surveillence center is ticked.

Yes schedule is correct.

Yes enable intrusion detecion is ticked.

Yes my detection area is the same.

Yes i am sure it is trigering as the logs show an intrusion event when i walk test and send email sends an elert to my email if turned on.

Yes i have dialed directly into the cameras anc checked the settings are correct there too.

The cameras are the G3 version of the DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL's on the latest V5.5.801 build 211105 firmware.

Has anyone else come across this? its on a remote site so i really do not want to default the unit and start again as its in scotland at the moment 5 hrs from me and will be a pain in the ass.

If anyone has any ideas how to resolve thisi would welcome them.

I've not seen an issue like that before. I have a 16 channel version on a family members system with that same build and they've not reported any issues.

So if I'm reading this correctly, Intrusion Detection is in use and triggers but you don't get the clip beneath 'Event Messages' in the lower half of the screen beneath that cameras live view. However if you configure Motion Detection you do get the clip there when it triggers, so the issue is specifically linked to Intrusion Detection? You might have discovered a bug specific to Smart Events on that build...

One other question. Does the push notification work at all to the Hik-Connect app and it's just the video clip that's missing or is nothing received? You probably already have done this, but if not I'd have someone do a shutdown from the menu and re-power the NVR to re establish the NVRs connection with the Hik-Connect server.

The only thing that was springing to mind was the tickbox in Maintenance to 'Keep VCA Data' (or similar wording) but I think that's enabled by default if the NVR is registered with Hik-Connect. Unfortunately that setting isn't accessible from the web browser menu (I just checked), just the local menu.

I'll temporarily set up an Intrusion alarm on the NVR with that version and report back later as to whether it works for me or not (I'm heading around there for Sunday Lunch!).

Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 13.26.17.png

Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 13.33.26.png

Last edited:
I’ve just tried and everything worked normally (I’ve not upset my wife - just wanted to trigger both line crossing and intrusion detection to prove both)
IMG_1686.jpg

Much appreciated, as I said , no settings were changed and it did work right up till I did the firmware update, the kits in an isolated site in Scotland where no one is there to change settings and the upgrade was done successfully via the webui, it’s bizarre how I can’t get it working again

I wonder wether this new build doesn’t like the older g3 cameras connected maybe? Something they changed that’s effected their ability to trigger correctly?

Cameras are all: DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL's on the latest V5.5.801 build 211105

I wonder wether this new build doesn’t like the older g3 cameras connected maybe? Something they changed that’s effected their ability to trigger correctly?

Cameras are all: DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL's on the latest V5.5.801 build 211105
I've got an identical camera with that firmware but that one's on my M series. The camera that I used to test earlier was a G5 DS-2CD2347G2-LU.

Last edited:
I’ve got a number of m2’s and they aren’t effected by this but they all have colorvu’s effected this is the only one with this unique setup

I’ve got a number of m2’s and they aren’t effected by this but they all have colorvu’s effected this is the only one with this unique setup
Probably just a glitch that a reboot or full power cycle will resolve (though the latter sounds like it would be a PITA on an unmanned remote site)

Probably just a glitch that a reboot or full power cycle will resolve (though the latter sounds like it would be a PITA on an unmanned remote site)
first thing i tried, made no difference

Back