01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 Getting my Hikvision IPC-T250H-M 5MP dome camera to work?

tmarsh

I have one Hikvision IPC-T250H-M 5MP dome camera connected to a poe switch. It appears to be set up ok in iVMS-4200 but I can't get a picture. I've tried the web log in as well. I'm new to this so not even sure if I can view on the iVMS-4200software?

Hi @tmarsh

Can you please share a screenshot of the Camera Management page/device list in iVMS-4200?

You say you tried the web login, what happened when you tried this and what web browser(s) did you try?

Image attached, not sure if I should paste it in? The activate camera button is greyed out.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 60
Thanks @tmarsh

It looks like the camera is inactive, you can usually activate Hikvision cameras in iVMS-4200 but by the looks of it you can't activate HiLook cameras like the one you have.

You will need to install Hikvision SADP Tool to activate the camera.

using Firefox, no feed in live view but camera details listed in config.

I can't do anything in SADP, I tried enabling DHCP (read somewhere that is what's needed) but when using modify it times out.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 60
Okay,

The camera is showing as offline in ivms-4200 and the IP address it is displaying in SADP looks like a default one.

Use Command Prompt on your Windows PC to confirm your network range, if the IP range of your network is not 192.168.1.xxx then you will need to change the IP address of the camera in SADP.

Yes that's my range, I can log in to the camera on a browser on that address.

Last edited:
Not sure what's going on in SADP, I un-installed and re-installed and according to this

Run the SADP software and search the online devices.​
Find and select your device in online device list.​
Input new password (admin password) and confirm the password.​
I set password but don't have that option, it's looking for a password.

Hi
Did you have another camera in the past on same network IP address?
Was this IP set as Static DHCP on your router settings with a specific mac address, this of the old one camera?
Did you check with e.g. Angry IP Scanner or other if your 192.168.1.164 is allready occupied by another device on network?

New camera, no NVR, never set to static (by me anyway). Angry IP has one entry only. In the router (BT Hub) it's showing as connected but under ipv4 it says "This device either does not support or is not configured for IPv4 addressing" if that means anything? And just noticed that it reports Address assignment: Static.

Hi
Check the MAC of static ip. Is this the same with camera MAC?
Was your BT Hub a new one or used? Delete this static ip and re-add the MAC of your camera. Or, if possible, perform a factory reset for your BT Hub
Another possible cause could be a faulty or wrong wired network cable

Hi. Hard to know what's going on! I enabled DHCP on SADP and couldn't get a login via browser. I disabled DHCP and now have a live feed on the browser. Camera still showing inactive on IMVS with no way to activate. The only thing that has changed is the camera now has a new IP address. At least it's working, if it continues I'll not worry abouit IVMS.

Back