01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

H.265 - How to play the Footage on VLC and cut together in I movie ?

Hi @ineedhelp

Thanks for sending over your clip, I've had a go at converting it in different ways but every time the audio was not converted.

I think the issue is that the compression CODEC Hikvision uses compresses the video & audio data together in a way that most conversion tools just can't recognise and uncompress, so when you attempt to convert the file the software recognises the video data but can't uncompress the audio.

Unfortunately, I think the only way to successfully convert a small clip like this will be to install VSPlayer on a PC and use the converter tool built into the player.
Hi Dan thanks for taking the time i really appreciate it.

Why does hikvision not support this on mac?

Is there a way ti get Hikvision to issue an update so mac will work?

thanks again.

anyway, if you are interested here an example with ffmpeg

general command line
ffmpeg -i <input file name> -vcodec libx264 -acodec aac <output file name>

in my case it convert from

Input #0, mpeg, from '20230119T155928Z_20230119T160535Z.mp4':
Duration: 00:06:07.04, start: 28727.783667, bitrate: 5680 kb/s
Stream #0:0[0x1e0]: Video: hevc (Main), yuvj420p(pc, bt709), 3840x2160, 20 tbr, 90k tbn
Stream #0:1[0x1c0]: Audio: pcm_mulaw, 8000 Hz, mono, s16, 64 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (hevc (native) -> h264 (libx264))
Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (pcm_mulaw (native) -> aac (native))

if you want to see all the details

there is 4 files,

1. original file from the camera
  2. output.mp4 converted file
  3. convert.txt contain the command line
  4. output.txt contain what ffpmeg spit out while processing
Hi Spirch sorry for a late reply thanks for this i will def try it as it looks like there are only 2 options run vs player on virtual machine on mac or this option you are giving me

once again i appreciate the time

thank you

Hi @ineedhelp

We have discussed Mac compatibility with Hikvision support many times before and their progress on it is always very slow, basically, because they see themselves as a professional brand for large-scale installations they focus their attention on developing and improving direct monitor & Windows PC access because these are primarily the way that most professional systems are accessed.

Mac users primarily install home or small business systems and so Hikvision are not as urgent to get this working properly, but also as a Chinese brand we think there may also be an issue with Hikvision having access to the latest developer tools from an American brand like Apple.

I mentioned before that one of your options would be to run a Windows PC, but a possibly easier way of doing this would be to run Parallels on your Mac which allows you to run a virtual Windows machine on your Mac and as @JB1970 explained in an earlier post you can then install the Windows version of VSPlayer that includes the converter tool.

Hi @ineedhelp

We have discussed Mac compatibility with Hikvision support many times before and their progress on it is always very slow, basically, because they see themselves as a professional brand for large-scale installations they focus their attention on developing and improving direct monitor & Windows PC access because these are primarily the way that most professional systems are accessed.

Mac users primarily install home or small business systems and so Hikvision are not as urgent to get this working properly, but also as a Chinese brand we think there may also be an issue with Hikvision having access to the latest developer tools from an American brand like Apple.

I mentioned before that one of your options would be to run a Windows PC, but a possibly easier way of doing this would be to run Parallels on your Mac which allows you to run a virtual Windows machine on your Mac and as @JB1970 explained in an earlier post you can then install the Windows version of VSPlayer that includes the converter tool.
thanks Dan for your help I appreciate it

Reactions: Dan
Back