01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

help with networking and ip training

Eggshell82

Hello everyone,
I am looking for some help in networking and installing ip systems, i have worked with analogue systems for over 5 years and now i feel i should be introducing myself into this industry to keep myself in a job before it is to late.
If any1 can point me in right direction on what i should be doing first as a total novice to all this stuff that would be brilliant and Any help or advice is very much appreciated
thanks

Hi audiovs
I have limited knowledge and in all honesty I probably would struggle to log in to my router

Hi audiovs
I have limited knowledge and in all honesty I probably would struggle to log in to my router

I think a basics course would be a good idea.

I can only speak personally for Hik-Vision as it's the only IP brand I've used. With that said, IP cameras, into an IP NVR is "relatively" plug & play. This is a very broad example, but boiled down its a single cable to each camera, terminated into the NVR. Then using the on-screen wizard\guide you can setup and get the system running. At this point no actual IP/Networking knowledge has been used (excluding how to wire an RJ45 (that said, as long as its the same both ends...(please note, that's poor practice))).

It's nothing to be scared of and I wouldn't expect you to find it that far from analogue.

The advanced settings, remote viewing and advanced setups (where cameras are on a separate Network as opposed to directly into the NVR) would require the IP/Networking knowledge.

Again, a very broad explanation, but I hope it helps in some way.

Hi Audiovs,
Most CCTV systems use P2P, so you won't need to access your router. Router access is mainly needed for port forwarding and DNS setting. To learn more, check out our article on DNS server and visit our website for more information. At Cube, we offer both online and in-person courses that cover everything from IP CCTV to installation.
Thanks
Shannon

There are many online resources available that provide step-by-step tutorials on how to install and set up video surveillance systems. I can recommend a good CCTV course online that will help in networking and installing IP systems.

Back