01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry help with verification code for DS-KV6113-WPE1(B)?

terminated

I'm trying to set up a video gate phone using a newly purchased indoor station (a DS-KV6113-WPE1(B) ) and gate station ( a DS-KH6320-WTE1).

I can't add the DS-KV6113-WPE1(B) to my HIK-Connect account. I'm asked for a verification code which I don't seem to have. I've done some digging and as a result have tried the following:
there's no verification code on the sticker on the back
I've tried 888999, ABCDEF and 123456 and a blank verification code.
I can't get into the unit via its IP address in a web browser - the connection is refused
I can't get in via ssh or telnet - the connection is refused

The HIK-Connect service settings screen is as attached. Toggling the verification code switch on and off doesn't seem to do anything.

The IP address responds to a ping. On the unit itself I can see that it's running firmware version V2.1.34 build 211118. I can see the gate station and view its video so am reasonably confident the networking is OK.

Any advice appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_5305.jpeg
    IMG_5305.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 196

Thanks but I can't get into the door station except via its own front panel touch screen which has a limited menu.

I'm unable to add the door station to my HIK Connect account when logged into www.hik-connect.com using the web broswer on a laptop.

I can add it to the Hik-Connect app on my iPhone but when I select "remote configuration" the iPhone app says "connection failed"

When I try to add it to iVMS-4200 on my computer the application comes back with "unsupported device type".

Hi @terminated

Have you activated the door station in the SADP tool?

What IP address is assigned to it currently?

Usually, you should activate it here, set a password, and an IP address / correct gateway, and it will then tell you to set your verification code when you enable Hik-Connect.

Once all the network settings in here are correct, you should be able to connect to it in a web browser or add it to iVMS-4200.

I had not used SADP previously but have done so now. The network parameters all look fine. The IP address is 192.168.1.91. I can ping it and I add it to the iPhone app but that's about it. web login, telnet and ssh all fail.

The door station and the indoor station talk to one another just fine and I can trigger the gate opener circuit on the door station from the indoor station. I just can’t add it to Hik-connect and update the firmware.

When you say you can add it to the iPhone app, are you signed in to the same account on the phone as the Hik-Connect web portal?
If you're signed in as a guest and have added it, then this may be why it won't let you add it to your Hik-Connect account.

What web browser are you using where the web login is failing too, please?
Any more luck with Edge in IE mode?
Still no joy adding it to iVMS-4200?

I think the problem's been solved. I was using iVMS on a Mac - I borrowed a Windows laptop and installed the latest version of iVMS and it sees the indoor station and allowed me to upgrade the firmware. That new firmware has a significantly more extensive menu and one option is to set a verification code!

All is up and working now; I’m grateful for all the replies.

I think the problem's been solved. I was using iVMS on a Mac - I borrowed a Windows laptop and installed the latest version of iVMS and it sees the indoor station and allowed me to upgrade the firmware. That new firmware has a significantly more extensive menu and one option is to set a verification code!

All is up and working now; I’m grateful for all the replies.
I had not used SADP previously but have done so now. The network parameters all look fine. The IP address is 192.168.1.91. I can ping it and I add it to the iPhone app but that's about it. web login, telnet and ssh all fail.

The door station and the indoor station talk to one another just fine and I can trigger the gate opener circuit on the door station from the indoor station. I just can’t add it to Hik-connect and update the firmware.
You state: The door station and the indoor station talk to one another just fine and I can trigger the gate opener circuit on the door station from the indoor station. I just can’t add it to Hik-connect and update the firmware.

You Need to Add the Indoor Station to Hik-Connect. When these devices are connected as an Intercom the Indoor Station becomes the Central Unit, so add the Indoor Station

Back