01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect slow/unusable over local wifi, fine over 3G/4G

dave77

For the past few weeks i've been having trouble access live feeds and notification recordings over local home wifi using Android Hik-Connect. Currently, clicking play on notifications returns error code: 380209. Live feeds seem to be temperamental.

Everything else on my home wifi network runs fine, all devices are assigned their own static IP Address

If I switch off wifi on my phone it all runs fine over mobile data.

Has anyone come across this issue before?

Seems odd - have you resolved this?

Nope, i've just been disabling wifi when I need to view notification recordings. Live feeds seems to be better though.

I've added a new device to the app under My Devices that accesses the NVR directly via IP for when i'm on home wifi so live feeds is obviously faster that way but no improvement on notifications.

Can you please update all your Hikvision devices to the latest firmware and re-check?

They're all on latest firmware, updated about 3-4 weeks ago. It was then when the issues started.

NVR is DS-7608NI-K2/8P and 4 DS-2CD2355FWD-I

Last edited:
Yeah just done that too but same. I would've thought notification access issues would be the NVR firmware rather than the camera.

Another issue I've noticed is the app notifications when clicked don't open the app. I wonder if the issue is the Hik-Connect app.

Looking at the reviews on Google Play there seems to be a few similar issues.

Last edited:
If the problem is only over wifi, could it be a port setting either on the NVR or on your app?

If the problem is only over wifi, could it be a port setting either on the NVR or on your app?

Nothing has changed there. All things point to the app, last updated on 17th May, I will see if I can get an old version of the app. Currently on 3.7.9.0519.

Last edited:
Wow, great detective work! I didn't have that problem with the app so I never considered that angle.

I've got an 8 channel I-series. It's been great for the 4 months I've had it. Never a problem. Same for the Hik cams.

Yeah, mine's the 8ch K, fine for me but seen as the lesser model I believe.

The issue is probably an Apple-style ploy to get people to upgrade :eek:

When I was looking for the old APK I did notice this site which shows the latest version being 20th June (0620), doesn't seem to be out the UK yet though, maybe that will fix it.
Hik-Connect for Android - APK Download

Ah, 20th June update is out now (although version still says 3.7.9.0517 ???) , just installed that and it seems to have fixed the issues!

Last edited:
The latest update has broken the app again! Will not play notification videos at all.

I've installed the last version and all is working again.

Do they not test their stuff????

Dave,

One thing I've noticed lately is that on occasion the notification video will just jump straight to the end and not play. If you hit the rewind button in the center, it just blinks and won't play. However, if you drag the line at the bottom from the right to the left, the video will start playing. I don't recall that being an issue before, and it doesn't happen all the time.

I just get an error message on the July update. I see the still picture on the listing page though.

Back