01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-connect Unable to connect to the camera while out of home wifi?

annie

I just found out that I am not able to see the home security camera while I am outside of my home wifi.
The app shows an error message as "connection failed"
so I tried to fix it by myself since the service provider refused to come to fix the problem.
I check the port on Hikvision
1682551920084.png

and the ip adress is
1682551941811.png

And I run into my router - port forwarding
1682552007245.png

all ports are open and I tried to use Hik connect app. But when I tried to add the device on my phone, it asked me to put in a verification code which I do not have at all, since the service provider recreate one and did not tell me the new code. And no, not shown on the platform access..

1682552275997.png

I have also tried to see the solutions video but end up with no luck.

Does anyone know how to use the iPhone app to see live views when using data? Felt so silly now lol

Attachments

• 1682552118401.png
    1682552118401.png
    164.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 1682552150904.png
    1682552150904.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 134
If you're not using (or can't due to lack of verification code) the Hik-Connect service, you'll need to add the site to the app using it's external IP address (as well as the internal one for when you're at home).

To do that in the app just click + in the top right, manual adding, select IP/Domain then fill in the details including the server port.

Unfortunately as you're with BT? your IP address is going to regularly change, so if you enter the IP address it'll only work until next time it changes (a matter of days sometimes). To get around that you need a Dynamic DNS account (DDNS). If you set that up (I use DYN DNS), you will create a domain (my homecctv@picksomedomain.com) and use that in place of the IP address in the Hik-Connect app. Then in your router (or NVR/DVR) you can enter the details for your DDNS account and when the IP address changes, the router will automatically update the account with the new IP for your DDNS address so the connection continues to work.

Using the Hik-Connect service gets around the port forwarding and DDNS using P2P.

Hi Annie, I’ve got what looks like the same or very similar issue, did you manage to resolve your problem being able to view your camera on your Mobile Hik-Connect App ?
Regards
Tommy

Back