01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware HikVision Camera and NVR firmware update?

MrDab

Hello all,

(first post here) I'm a freelance IT and I'm new to IP CAMs and HIKVision.

I tried updating my HIK devices with firmwares from official website without success.

After many readings, I found that it is risky, firware seems to change with language and some devices are chinese devices with language changed... Risk is to brick the device...

1. Can you help me to find firmware updates for the following hardware=
1.1 Do you have a a good procedure to reduce risk to update (how to determine the good firmware for a HIK device)?

NVR:
DS-7616NXI-I2 / S
Firmware version V4.61.050 build 220714
N° série DS-7616NXI-I2 / S1620220427CCRRJ87296895WCVU

Cameras:
DS-2CD2386G2-I
Firmware version V5.5.801 build 211105

DS-2CD2386G2-IU
Firmware version V5.7.10 build 220720

NVR 2:
modèle: DS-7616NI-K2
mircologiciel: V5.0 build 171115

2. I'm also looking for documentations related to those hardware. I'm looking for precise documentations. The ones I found from official website are generic and they do not fit the menus...

3. NVR DS-7616NXI-I2 / S
I can't find a menu to manage cameras and their parameters from the NVR (brightness, name of camera...)
Do I have to use another tool instead of NVR interface?

Thanks in advance for all your help / ideas / experience share or questions...

Hi,

1. Below you'll find links to the HikVision UK download portal's relevant section for each of your devices. If you want help with updating your firmware follow this link to another forum post created by my colleague.

DS-7616NXI-I2/S seems to be running the most up-to-date firmware at the moment.

DS-2CD2386G2-I is running the most up-to-date firmware, just to make you aware this camera and the one below although look similar are actually different generations. This is a G3 (non-C) version whereas the one below is a G5 (C) version, so will have different firmware.

DS-2CD2386G2-IU is also up-to-date.

With the DS-7616NI-K2, the highest firmware on the HikVision portal is actually only V4.71.005 build 220524. I can only assume this NVR is running Chinese/ Non-EU/UK firmware. I have linked you to the folder in the portal anyway, just in case you want to downgrade to the UK firmware. However, I am unsure whether the NVR will allow it, if it will actually work or if it will break/brick the NVR.

2. HikVision have release notes which they usually place with each firmware that they release. However, they do sometimes release them later or not at all. If you follow the links to the download portal and click on each device's corresponding firmware, you hopefully will find the release notes for this firmware.

3. Can I ask, are you accessing your NVR directly through a monitor or through your web browser?

If directly from your NVR through a monitor, you click on the camera on the toolbar normally at the top of your screen, on the side there should be a 'Display' tab, if you click on that, you then should be able to change the name of the camera as well as alter its brightness etc.

Reactions: Dan
Hello,

1st thanks for the link to how tu upgrade, very clear!!! Thanks!!
I Access the NVR through webgui (I do not have monitor attached to NVR)

About camera management from NVR, I go through: (sorry if mistake from menu translation from french to english) Configuration > System > camera management. Then à Click on Modify (pen icon) at the end of camera raw...

screen_nvr-cammanagement01.JPG
screen_nvr-cammanagement02.JPG

But as shown on screen, I do not get many options, this is just to connect camera, not to manage/configure cameras...

Thanks for your help

Hi @MrDab

To configure the directly connected cameras you need to enable Virtual Host which generates virtual links to each camera which allow direct access to each camera's settings (these links should appear under the Connect/Connecter column on the camera management table).

Thanks.

This is just a link to the page of the camera, (the IP of camera is just 2 colomns next not a good integration... )
Thanks for your information even if I'm not "satisfied" with the integration NVR/camera... for example if I want to rename all my cameras, I have to connect on each of them... (and browser seems not to retain password for cameras/NVR, same for bitwarden, it can't paste password to access nvr/cameras) disappointed...
But anyway thanks for all your good informations, with your help I get the most this product can give.

Have a nice day Dan

Hi @MrDab

Camera name can be changed in the NVR settings, you need to go to Configuration > Image > OSD Settings and you should see a box labelled "Camera Name" which will let you edit both the on-screen camera name and the name that appears in the device list.

Other more camera-specific settings (e.g. certain smart event settings, advanced image settings, etc...) can only be edited by accessing the cameras directly.

Thanks again, many thanks, it seems I really need more readings... (and search).

Again, I wish you a very nice day!

Back