01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision camera down after New Router installed

tomelk31

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help. I had 3 Hikvision cameras and an NVR installed in October last year. Everything has been working great until we upgraded the routers yesterday to a Whole Home Mesh Wifi System yesterday. I have managed to get the NVR online and can see the 2 camera connected directly to it but not the front door camera.

The original setup was; 2 cameras front and back of house into the NVR in the loft. The NVR was then connected to a Wifi Powerline hotspot. The last camera was at the front door which went straight into the cupboard which houses the router. It plugged straight into the router and the other Wifi Powerline plugs into the router as well.

The setup now; 2 cameras front and back of house into the NVR in the loft. The NVR is now connected into one of the Nodes directly (Secondary). The last camera was at the front door which goes straight into the cupboard and into the primary node. The front door camera comes online for 5 to 10 minutes but I can't access it and then drops off and I have to restart it.

Any ideas?

Can you run Hikvision's SADP utility on a PC on your network?
It won't show the cameras that are directly connected to the NVR, but should show any Hikvision devices on your network.
e.g. your NVR and your front door camera.
Those, and your PC & router, all need to be set to an IP address within the same domain range.
Each must have a unique IP address.
Sometimes the symptom of visible one minute and not the next is caused by two devices on a network being given the same IP address.
If you do need to change the network IP address of either your NVR or your front door camera, you can use SADP to do so.
Select the device's row in the table list in SADP (put a tick in the check box at the left side).
Then click the small arrow at the right side to see the pull-out with more details.
If you do need to set a new address, I'd recommend selecting DHCP - which allows your router to issue an appropriate and available address.
Save.
Then, untick DHCP and save again (that will fix the device at the IP address it was just given).
NB - If you change your camera's network IP address, you will have to update the settings for it in your NVR (in Camera Management).

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Just followed those steps and everything is working again! Thank you very much!

Cheers
Tom

Back