01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Camera selection for my home?

fatalitos

Hi guys,

I want to ask you for advice, I want to buy cameras from Hikvision and I would need advice. I have cables in the corners of the house and a POE switch ready. There are no street lamps or nearby houses around three sides of the house. In front of the house, a lamp approx. 30 meters. The house has sides 24 m long and 12 m long, see attached image. Can you please advise me which cameras to use?

Thank you.

Attachments

• House.png
    House.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 28
Hi @Nomad

If your system is primarily going to be 8MP cameras then we would recommend using an M-series NVR as they support AcuSense and support more incoming bandwidth (the 8MP cameras use a lot more bandwidth than the 4MP cameras).

I did some review, and DS-7608NXI-K2/8P with POE looks to be the superceeding model, as per the HIKVISION website. Is this an acceptable unit?
On another note, my network connection is going through a 4G router, the connection does not have any open ports, will the hik connect app work in this case for remote viewing? Is the NVR able to send the video stream to the cloud with closed ports in the network, and is the Hikvision cloud service free of charge?

Last edited:
Hi @Nomad

If you are only planning to use the new AcuSense/ColorVu/Hybrid Light cameras then we wouldn't recommend AcuSense NVRs because the main advantage of these is that they can apply the AcuSense features to non-AcuSense features which you won't need if you already have cameras that support those features.

Also, the AcuSense NVRs support less incoming bandwidth so you would probably run into problems if you tried to add 8 x 8MP AcuSense/ColorVu/Hybrid cameras to these NVRs.

Hi Dan,

The ColorVu DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU isnt an AcuSense camera as far as I see, whilst the DS-2CD2386G2-IU are.
I'm planning to use the ColorVu DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU for my driveway with the line crossing function, there will be 4 cameras and 1 doorbell (hikvision wifi) connected to the NVR.

Hi @Nomad

AcuSense is a base feature supported on all the AcuSense (2xx6G2), ColorVu (2xx7G2), and Hybrid Light (2xx7G2H) cameras.

The 7608NXI-K2 NVR only supports up to 80Mbps incoming bandwidth and each 8MP camera can use as much as 15-20Mbps which means your 4 x 8MP cameras and 1 x doorbell will be right at the limit of what the NVR can handle and you probably wouldn't be able to add any more cameras beyond the 4 you are talking about.

In regards to remote access, yes you can set up Cloud access using P2P/Platform access which allows you to link your NVR to your Hik-Connect Cloud account and stream the cameras down from the Cloud to the Hik-Connect app (this Cloud solution is free but is only for remote access, there is no option for Cloud storage).

Hi @Nomad

AcuSense is a base feature supported on all the AcuSense (2xx6G2), ColorVu (2xx7G2), and Hybrid Light (2xx7G2H) cameras.

The 7608NXI-K2 NVR only supports up to 80Mbps incoming bandwidth and each 8MP camera can use as much as 15-20Mbps which means your 4 x 8MP cameras and 1 x doorbell will be right at the limit of what the NVR can handle and you probably wouldn't be able to add any more cameras beyond the 4 you are talking about.

In regards to remote access, yes you can set up Cloud access using P2P/Platform access which allows you to link your NVR to your Hik-Connect Cloud account and stream the cameras down from the Cloud to the Hik-Connect app (this Cloud solution is free but is only for remote access, there is no option for Cloud storage).
Hi, I have a related query here - I have the 2xx7G2 cameras so have acusense - I also have an M Series NVR (DS-7608NI-M2) which you mention above, also supports acusense.

I've seen recommendations elsewhere on this forum to switch off acusense on the NVR if your cameras have it (saw an AI setting referenced in a post) but I cant see any such settings to do this (using the web browser).

Hi @bigmick777

Switching off the AcuSense in the NVR is related to the AcuSense NVRs (K-series & I-series) and not the M-series models, this is because the AcuSense NVRs support the ability to apply AcuSense features to non-AcuSense cameras.

So if you had a mixed system of some full AcuSense cameras and some non-AcuSense cameras, you would have the full AcuSense cameras set to "AcuSense by Camera" and the non-AcuSense cameras set to "AcuSense by NVR".

The M-series NVRs don't support this feature because they will only support AcuSense for full AcuSense cameras.

Back